New Fuzz Pedal Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fuzz Pedal Day

I picked up a Fulltone Soul Bender that arrived yesterday and man I'm pysched. It does the Yardbirds/Ronson thing to a T which is exactly what I was looking for. Not too heavy or mushy sounding but still has a good amount of depth to it.

I also recently picked up an EhX Satisfaction which has lots of cut and treble boost. I've heard the Satisfaction is based on the Gibson Maestro while the Sould Bender is closer to a Tone Bender which Page and Beck used during the late years of the Yardbirds. But I can swear that some of Clapton's work was done with something similar while he was with the group.

Re: New Fuzz Pedal Day

How does the Satisfaction pedal sound? Is it a worthwhile buy if I'm looking for a good "fuzz" pedal?

Comment

Congrats, nice pedals!

Liam, if the Satisfaction sounds like the pedal it's supposedly based on, IMO it's a little limited. It's bright and makes that distinct tone. I think a fuzz based on a Fuzz Face, Tonebender or Big Muff is more versatile, especially if you are new to Fuzz.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        Congrats, nice pedals!

Liam, if the Satisfaction sounds like the pedal it's supposedly based on, IMO it's a little limited. It's bright and makes that distinct tone. I think a fuzz based on a Fuzz Face, Tonebender or Big Muff is more versatile, especially if you are new to Fuzz.
        So, I have some additional fuzz research to do, thanks for the info! Looking for a pedal that could do the "Satisfaction" thing, plus "Psychotic Reaction", and maybe a little of the early Buffalo Springfield "Mr. Soul", or am I shooting for the moon?

Comment

For those Fuzz tones the Satisfaction may be perfect!

(From my research, Psychotic Reaction may have been a Fuzzrite; same Fuzz as In-A-Gadda-da-vida and who knows what Neil Young was doing... but that raspy 60's style Fuzz should do it well)
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

A quick trip to my local GC to try the pedal out is in my immediate future!

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
              How does the Satisfaction pedal sound? Is it a worthwhile buy if I'm looking for a good "fuzz" pedal?
              Check these out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X