Clear All

• PowerStage 170 is Shipping Today!

Introducing the PowerStage 170

Click image for larger version

Name:	PS-170-Board-BEAUTY.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	5844628

SANTA BARBARA, CA June 13, 2017 – Seymour Duncan, a leading manufacturer of pickups, pedals and power amps, announces the PowerStage™ 170, the first power amp designed specifically for guitar players using pedals and modelers to create their unique tone.

The PowerStage 170 is a 170-watt power amp with a clean preamp section and 3-band global EQ, making it the perfect complement to any pedal. It is small enough to fit directly on a pedalboard, or in any gig bag, and lightweight enough for fly dates. Simply plug your pedalboard into any speaker cabinet.

Features include:

• 170 Watts at 4 Ohms
    • 3-band EQ
    • Functions as a clean channel
    • Only weighs 2 lbs

“Many guitar players are looking for great tone, control and convenience in an amp that’s powerful and portable, without compromising true amp-like performance,” says Max Gutnik, SVP of Products and CRO at Seymour Duncan. “The PowerStage 170 features some unique design innovations to create an amp that sounds and feels great. And at 170 watts of power, it is loud enough to drive your live rig, yet compact enough to live comfortably on your pedalboard. We’re very excited to bring the PowerStage 170 to guitarists everywhere.”
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PS-170-Front.jpg
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	5844629Click image for larger version

Name:	PS-170-Top.jpg
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	5844630

Administrator of the SDUGF

Re: PowerStage 170 is Shipping Today!

How much are these going for?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

$399
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Introducing the PowerStage 170

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81202[/ATTACH]

SANTA BARBARA, CA June 13, 2017 – Seymour Duncan, a leading manufacturer of pickups, pedals and power amps, announces the PowerStage™ 170, the first power amp designed specifically for guitar players using pedals and modelers to create their unique tone.

The PowerStage 170 is a 170-watt power amp with a clean preamp section and 3-band global EQ, making it the perfect complement to any pedal. It is small enough to fit directly on a pedalboard, or in any gig bag, and lightweight enough for fly dates. Simply plug your pedalboard into any speaker cabinet.

Features include:

• 170 Watts at 4 Ohms
        • 3-band EQ
        • Functions as a clean channel
        • Only weighs 2 lbs

“Many guitar players are looking for great tone, control and convenience in an amp that’s powerful and portable, without compromising true amp-like performance,” says Max Gutnik, SVP of Products and CRO at Seymour Duncan. “The PowerStage 170 features some unique design innovations to create an amp that sounds and feels great. And at 170 watts of power, it is loud enough to drive your live rig, yet compact enough to live comfortably on your pedalboard. We’re very excited to bring the PowerStage 170 to guitarists everywhere.”
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]81203[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]81204[/ATTACH]

Congratulations Duncan and company!!! This is really a major milestone.

Comment

Given that I get my dirt mainly from pedals, and always liking the cleanest of cleans from which to do so, I am seriously considering getting one.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Really nice! They don't do quite what I need, but I'll ask anyway, out of curiosity: the PowerStage is obviously being marketed towards the hip pedal kids and suave modelling amp giggers rather than us dinosaurs who still use old-school (non-modelling) rack rigs, but how would the PSs fare in such a context? Say, compared to a solid state staple like the Rocktron Velocity?
            Last edited by Sirion; 06-14-2017, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Well, it would depend on how much of your tone would come from power amp tubes, I am guessing. The PowerStage 170 doesn't model a guitar power amp- it is just clean, flat power (with EQ control). If your sound is strictly preamp-based, it will work.

Comment

One of the photos shows the warning label about needing 6" of space for ventilation but the othe shows it smacked right up against a Paladin. Which is it? Haha. Looks pretty damn sweet.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Would you post a gut shot?

Comment

Why do you need a gut shot? When you buy a new surround sound receiver, so you search for a gut shot? I could understand hand wired stuff but my money is on there won't be much to see. Solid state and all that.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
                      Why do you need a gut shot? When you buy a new surround sound receiver, so you search for a gut shot? I could understand hand wired stuff but my money is on there won't be much to see. Solid state and all that.
                      Class D is something new and extremely difficult to build a clean sounding amp.

Curious what the topology looks like compared to 200W class D amp you can buy for $15 and sounds like crap as a guitar amp.

It will have to be a beautiful circuit even though the key components will be proprietary and unidentifiable.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedForPower View Post
                        Class D is something new and extremely difficult to build a clean sounding amp.

Curious what the topology looks like compared to 200W class D amp you can buy for $15 and sounds like crap as a guitar amp.

It will have to be a beautiful circuit even though the key components will be proprietary and unidentifiable.
                        Why don't you go and buy one. You've been banging on about this for ages. Then you can dissect it to your hearts content. Photograph it and maybe even , use it.
                        sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                        - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
                          Why don't you go and buy one. You've been banging on about this for ages. Then you can dissect it to your hearts content. Photograph it and maybe even , use it.
                          I am on the list at two stores...when I will get it or them I don't yet know. Of course I will use it and dissect it to my hearts content. Patients is a virtue but it ain't one of mine.

Comment

I don't think they would post a gut shot. You can ask the store if you can open it up, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              Well, it would depend on how much of your tone would come from power amp tubes, I am guessing. The PowerStage 170 doesn't model a guitar power amp- it is just clean, flat power (with EQ control). If your sound is strictly preamp-based, it will work.
                              I was thinking in particular how it compares against…

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                              …a solid state staple like the Rocktron Velocity…
                              …so it would be a solid state vs. a solid state.
                              Last edited by Sirion; 06-15-2017, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X