banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PALADIUM SHUTS OFF???? VOLTAGE ISSUE? OTHERS PEDALS IN CHAIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PALADIUM SHUTS OFF???? VOLTAGE ISSUE? OTHERS PEDALS IN CHAIN?

Okay...so I got the Paladium pedal and by itself, it's great...beyond awesome. But then putting in my pedalboard, powered by the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, and with other Boss & MXR pedals on either side of the Paladium, the Paladium shuts itself off after a few minutes of playing. Removing the pedal to check to see if there was anything wrong with it, again, by itself, the pedal works fine....but then putting it back onto the pedal board, it shuts itself off...and it cannot be turned back on.

What's happening here?

Re: PALADIUM SHUTS OFF???? VOLTAGE ISSUE? OTHERS PEDALS IN CHAIN?

If I had to guess it's not voltage, but amperage. The Palladium is attempting to draw too much current (milliamps) and when it can't get enough it power cycles.

Edit: it took a little digging but they say it draws 180mA. So you will need to occupy one of the 400mA outputs on the Pedal Power. And then you can't daisy chain any combinations of pedals that draw more than 220mA from the same output.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.
    Last edited by frankfalbo; 06-16-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks Frank!
      sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to understand this...occupy one of the 400mA outputs? Do you mean occupy one of the 250+ mA outputs? With what? The pedals occupying the two outputs labeled for this are occupied by two Boss pedals...

Comment

Your Palladium draws up to 180ma of current. The 9 volt outputs on your power supply are rated for 100ma except for two of them which are rated for 250ma. The Palladium needs to be on one of the 250ma outputs. A 100ma outlet can not provide enough current to properly run the Palladium. You are "starving" it's power supply. Again, you need to plug it into one of the 250ma outputs, preferably by itself. Which Boss pedals do you currently have on those two 250ma outputs? If either one, or both, are low current requirement pedals, you can just swap outlets between a Boss pedal and the Palladium.

Comment

Yes totally. I forgot the PP doesn't have 400's it has 2 x 250mA.

But yes we are still talking about power management. The Palladium needs one of those two. Which Boss pedals are using those now? If they're digital, like reverbs and delays, they may exceed 100mA and you can't move them to one of the 100mA outputs.

What I do is make a list of all the pedals and their mA consumption, and then I add and subtract which ones needs to go on which outputs in order to stay under the limit. I have the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power and I'm powering more than 20 pedals from it. So, I have a few outputs daisy chaining 5 pedals, but they're all low power overdrives and buffers for example. Or an A/B switch.

Comment

I would also make sure it is working properly with its own power supply, so to isolate the cause of this. My guess it is what Frank said. I've had pedals do this, then I read the little mA rating on the sides of the pedals- I had never paid attention to that (this was years ago).
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X