Yamaha Guitar Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Guitar Pedals

Any experience with Yamaha guitar pedals? (from the old stompboxes to things like the MagicStomp)

Re: Yamaha Guitar Pedals

I had an EQ and Comp pedal by them. It was great. I really wish I still had it.

Comment

Great stuff. Haven't played any in ~25 years, but solid all around. I I have an EQ book marked right now.

I have heard great stuff about the Magic Stomps. They always go for high bucks on the bay when available.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Good to hear! Looking at some of them–would like to eventually get a Magic Stomp. They definitely demand strong prices!

Comment

I owned a Magic Stomp for awhile- what a great pedal. Allan Holdsworth used 6 of them in his setup. The only bad thing I can say about it is that the screen is small, and can only show limited info, so programming it can be a pain. But the sounds are really nice.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I used to have a DDS-20M Delay and a DSC-20M Chorus that I sold when I 'upgraded' to a Zoom 3030 20 years ago!

Really good and fun pedals from what I remember, built like tanks.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

I used to have three back in the 80s. I bought them because they were a lot cheaper than boss pedals. They worked well.
              Also had a couple of yammy rack mounts but these days the digital sounds are well and truly superseeded.
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

It's weird to me how Yamaha isn't regarded as a big brand in the guitar world, yet everything they make for guitarists is extremely good quality. Their $200-$300 acoustics put everybody else in that range to shame, the TH series amps are awesome, and their new electrics are extremely cool for the money. I don't have any experience with their pedals but I've learned that anything that says 'Yamaha' on it is going to be at least good enough to do the job.
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I agree, Yamaha makes incredible products. I prefer their keyboards/synths over any other brand.

Comment

I just don't see a lot of Yamaha guitars out in stores. I wish there were more (maybe in other locations there are more). Yamaha effects were even harder to come by. But I will say the same for anything that isn't the standard Boss and Dunlop pedals, etc....big box stores simply don't carry a big selection, and they know what sells, so they just keep stocking the same limited selection.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                      Looking at some of them–would like to eventually get a Magic Stomp. They definitely demand strong prices!
                      Well worth the money. Try to find the MK2. (That's the one I have.) When the MS first came out, there where three versions; electric, acoustic, and bass. The MK2 combines all three into one pedal.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      The only bad thing I can say about it is that the screen is small, and can only show limited info, so programming it can be a pain. But the sounds are really nice.
                      While this is true, there is MS software, to load onto a laptop or or any computer. It takes tweaking and resolution to whole 'nother level.

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                      I agree, Yamaha makes incredible products. I prefer their keyboards/synths over any other brand.
                      I agree. I have two. If I ever win the lottery, I'm getting a Montage 8. Even though I don't play much keyboard. I just love that thang.

Also, the new Revstar guitars. (And the THR amp series, and . . . . . .)

But to get back on topic, my little MS just sits there, in the effects loop of my H&K, acting as the reverb. It has all the classic Yamaha reverb algorithms. "Plate" is my favorite. YMMV.

Artie

P.S. To Trey, I think I know where you can borrow one for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                        Well worth the money. Try to find the MK2. (That's the one I have.) When the MS first came out, there where three versions; electric, acoustic, and bass. The MK2 combines all three into one pedal.

While this is true, there is MS software, to load onto a laptop or or any computer. It takes tweaking and resolution to whole 'nother level.

I agree. I have two. If I ever win the lottery, I'm getting a Montage 8. Even though I don't play much keyboard. I just love that thang.

Also, the new Revstar guitars. (And the THR amp series, and . . . . . .)

But to get back on topic, my little MS just sits there, in the effects loop of my H&K, acting as the reverb. It has all the classic Yamaha reverb algorithms. "Plate" is my favorite. YMMV.

Artie

P.S. To Trey, I think I know where you can borrow one for awhile.
                        So sorry for just now seeing this! Artie rocks people...one of the best guys on the forum.

Comment

Working...
                        X