Muff based FUZZ help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muff based FUZZ help!

Okay so I love fuzz tones and basically I'm looking to clean up my board and have more versatility. I currently have a triangle muff clone and a boss hyper fuzz as my main fuzz tones but also use a joyo voodoo octave fuzz and a few distortion pedals. I was hoping I could replace most of that with a dual fuzz, the two I'm looking at are the blackout effectors twosome and the black arts tone works sarcophagus. While I'm shoegaze influenced the huge wall of doom fuzz isn't my main aim, I kind of want Gilmoury leads and black keys kind of fuzz as well as more aggressive fuzzy 60s style fuzz that I get form the joyo and hyper fuzz at the moment. The twosome seems the best due to the versatility of the fixed fuzz but many people have said the musket is too modern and tight sounding for the more wild fuzz thing. The sarcophagus seems cool but don't know if it can get vintage fuzz tones. The other option is just replace my triangle with a Pharaoh supreme and keep using the hyper fuzz.

Any suggestion are great. The reason I am keen in these ones is I have seen them all for under 300 Australia on ebay and reverb.com

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube

Re: Muff based FUZZ help!

Also my amp is kind of a marshall vox matchless hybrid thing (based on the hotbox pedal preamp and an ac15 power amp section) that I run semi clean/crunch with mostly single coils

Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube

Comment

Line 6 M5 might be a good shot. It's at least programmable and you can choose various Fuzz types, while still only having only 2 switches.
      Originally posted by Brown Note
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
        Line 6 M5 might be a good shot. It's at least programmable and you can choose various Fuzz types, while still only having only 2 switches.
        Thanks not really keen on digital fuzz though want to upgrade from what I have otherwise I'd get a pedalboard solution like a helix or m13 and replace everything.

Gondola Kid
        Bandcamp
        Facebook
        JimijaymesGuitarist
        Youtube

Comment

Where's TGWIF when you need him?
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Dont know about the sarcophagus, but the pharaoh alone is epic.
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

In my experience with various dual fuzz pedals... one side is almost always better/more useful than the other... so, you basically wind up with a pedal that does one thing really well while taking up more space than it needs to.

IMO, stick to single purpose pedals. Generally cheaper, and IMO far more practical.
              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

I pulled the trigger on the twosome. I got it for 300aud which is how much just the musket fuzz is new in Australia. I watched heaps of videos and I liked the musket over the pharoah most of the time. The pharoah has a high mid thing going on which is cool but maybe not what I'm going for and might not work with my mid heavy amp. The pharoah supreme looks cool with its extra features but cost even more. Should get the twosome by tomorrow and be able to see if I like it. The fix'd fuzz part seems versatile enough to cover sounds I'm after (aggressive 60s Psychadelic fuzz tones)

Gondola Kid
                Bandcamp
                Facebook
                JimijaymesGuitarist
                Youtube

Comment

Working...
                X