Jeff Beck squeezy mids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jeff Beck squeezy mids?

I noticed after watching him Live at Ronnie Scotts and also the Les Paul tribute that he sets his tone hot, then he backs off his volume for rhythm tones and dimes it for chirps, squeels, and solo's. He uses his tone pot too. He is one of the few players that really work the guitar controls as much as he does. This really compliments the Klon tone he is using to get his full on distortion stuff. not sure what he uses exactly for clean tones. He seems to switch off. One time I saw him playing some modded bassman combo's with 12's in them. Other times different Fender amps or what ever. Someone here knows more about that then me.

Comment

Thing about him is that he has used many different guitars over the years, and you can pretty much tell it is him every time. Seriously different types of music, too. I dig more of his fusion stuff, but the essence of his tone is always there.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

On his newest record he has a much more raw sound going on!
        I like that "ugly" turn alot!

Comment

Luvs sum Meezy squids.

"Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Haha squidy midsy!

Comment

Originally posted by philthis View Post
              I noticed after watching him Live at Ronnie Scotts and also the Les Paul tribute that he sets his tone hot, then he backs off his volume for rhythm tones and dimes it for chirps, squeels, and solo's. He uses his tone pot too. He is one of the few players that really work the guitar controls as much as he does. This really compliments the Klon tone he is using to get his full on distortion stuff.
              Exactly. And that's what's so great about the Klon. If you have the chops and the desire to learn how to do that, the Klon allows you to do that better than any other pedal I've ever used.

But that has to be your playing style and you have to be able to to leave the Klon on almost all of the time.

If you're looking for a pedal to stomp on for solos and off for rhythm the Klon may not be right for you, and if you're looking for super saturated overdriven tone the Klon may not be right for you either, because the Klon is not a super-distorted pedal.
              “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Working...
              X