Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phase 90 Handwired 74 Mod Help

Hey Guys,

I have an analogman modded MXR phase 90 script 74 HW edition. It has already been modded by analogman so it has a green LED, volume/mix trim pots and True Bypass + a 9v DC jack because I think batteries suck!!

However I would also like to install an active IC output buffer to it. I have a small buffer pcb all ready and assembled but I'm a bit confused how to connect its v+ in wire to the power supply in the pedal.

I understand that the buffer is wired in-between the output jack tip and the True bypass Switch output which is simple, BUT can I 'share' the Jack tip by soldering both Red V+negative wires to the same DC jack tip ??? (One going to the Phase 90 main PCB , and the other going to the Buffer circuit)

Perhaps its a stupid question but I don't want to fry my Phase 90!
    Last edited by evh_slash; 06-26-2017, 09:48 AM.
    -RG Air Norton/Megadrive
    -Hard Ash Strat Amdusias set
    -JPM100 x2 PAF pro/Super D + Breed/Transition
    -Vigier Shawn Lane Aph1-n/Norton
    -Suhr SSS Strat V60/V60/ML Bridge (SSCII)
    -RG7 BKP Brutes

Re: Phase 90 Handwired 74 Mod Help

Why do you need an output buffer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well when I ordered the modded Phase 90 from Analogman, I didn't really read much about the low impedance buffer optional mod and ordered the pedal.
      I've read a load of reviews since saying how much better the pedal sounded both ON and in Bypass with the buffered out due to the Phase 90's High output impedance.

I've bought and assembled a very small active buffer circuit from a DIY pedal mod shop for $20 which Erik H recommended from this forum, and I was just wondering how I wire up the V+ DC supply to both the Buffer AND the rest of the pedal.

BUFFER OPTION

"The phase-90 has a high output impedance, so it cannot drive long cables, volume pedals, etc without losing volume and tone. So you should run something buffered after it, usually your delay pedal will be all you need if it's always on. If you don't have a buffered pedal after it, you can get our BUFFER option in which we add our buffer board in the battery compartment, and a power jack. "
      -RG Air Norton/Megadrive
      -Hard Ash Strat Amdusias set
      -JPM100 x2 PAF pro/Super D + Breed/Transition
      -Vigier Shawn Lane Aph1-n/Norton
      -Suhr SSS Strat V60/V60/ML Bridge (SSCII)
      -RG7 BKP Brutes

Comment

Interesting. I never had any issues with my old script unit or the newer one I have now. Guess it depends on what you have it plugged into.

But you shouldn't have a problem wiring a buffer between the phaser circuit board and output jack. Don't see how it would harm anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X