I just bought a Fulltone Deja Vibe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought a Fulltone Deja Vibe

Been thinking about getting one for a very long time but never played through one in person. Found it for a good price and just decided to roll the dice. Should be coming in next couple of days.

For those with experience with these..........where do you put them in your chain? Before or after OD?

Also, any fun settings I should know about?

Basically, what should I expect? Seen a ton of fun looking demos so I hope I can get somewhere in there.

Re: I just bought a Fulltone Deja Vibe

Some people like them before drives/fuzzes and some like them after. It's really a personal choice (I prefer before all gain, right after wah). Also play with the Vintage/Modern switch, the change in treble may help you integrate it into your rig a little better. Also, Chorus is the famous mode, play with Vibrato but most use the Chorus mode.

I like the depth near full and the speed nice and slow, a la Breathe.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Once again PFDarkside has covered exactly what I'd say. Chorus is my preference, in Modern mode - I rarely take the speed above two-thirds, and more often than not it's at much slower rates, almost hard to tell it's on until you switch it off (mine is an earlier unit and the LED stays on all the time).

As an aside, worth reading the manual - there's a trim pot internally, but Fuller says it's already set to optimum for each pedal, and he usually ow ships own gear pretty well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Deja 2, which is essentially the same pedal with a speed treadle. I run it at the front of my chain as it works nicely in terms of board layout; I've also seen a few pictures of Robin Trower with a similar signal chain. I like it set to vintage / chorus with depth at about 2 o'clock and the treadle heel-down unless I'm after a special effect.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Ideally it's first in the chain. It behaves best when it gets an unbuffered signal. If there's a buffer before it it flattens out the throb and makes it sound a bit more like a phaser.

The trade off is wah.... I think wah into vibe sounds better than vibe into wah. If you're going to go vibe into wah then make sure your wah is true bypass.

That said, Jimi seemed to do alright with his vibe last, after the fuzz and the wah.
          || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

i had one. Turning it on transports you directly to the late 60s.
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
            X