Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solo boost for Marshall Jubilee

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
    I've had the Maxon OD-9 and the Boss SD-1 (standard, not the Waza). If you thought the Maxon was thin-sounding, then you won't like the SD-1. It's brighter, and it cuts more bass than the OD-9.

I also have the MXR Classic OD. It's great. It's heftier in the bottom than either, but with a similar vibe to the SD-1.
    I have the SD-1W Waza version and generally recommend it. I like the stock SD-1 setting, but the new "Custom" setting is a warmer, bassier voicing that could work well for some applications.

If you like the Tube Screamer voicing, but want more BMT controls, the 805 seems to be the ticket. I haven't tried it, though, as Tube Screamer is not my go-to OD voicing.

I also have the Wampler Tumnus, and recommend it as a milder mid-hump boost than a Tube Screamer. As Klones go, I've only had the Tumnus and the Soul Food. They're voiced similarly, though the Tumnus is slightly warmer and has a touch more low end. I am currently running that as my main OD into a Marshall-in-a-box pedal and like it.

Comment

Full disclosure - at the moment;

My mini-board is using a Mooer Pure Boost.

My main board has a Nose Pedals Mean Green Clean.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by stratguy23 View Post
        If you like the Tube Screamer voicing, but want more BMT controls, the 805 seems to be the ticket. I haven't tried it, though, as Tube Screamer is not my go-to OD voicing.

I also have the Wampler Tumnus, and recommend it as a milder mid-hump boost than a Tube Screamer. As Klones go, I've only had the Tumnus and the Soul Food. They're voiced similarly, though the Tumnus is slightly warmer and has a touch more low end. I am currently running that as my main OD into a Marshall-in-a-box pedal and like it.
        After reading the comments here and in a couple other threads, I think I'm going to pick up a JRAD Archer first, probably followed by an 805. I don't really want a clean boost w/EQ, so that rules out the RC and I think the 805 is more versatile than the BB.

I was thinking last night that what I'd really like is a pedal that makes my Jubilee sound more like the overdrive channel on my Jet City 22H since I typically either use that or an SLO model for leads when I'm recording demos. Matt42 had remarked about the smoothing and thickening effect Warren Haynes gets from the Klon in front of his SLO, and that's pretty much what I'm after.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

The BBE Boosta' Grande is a great CLEAN boost. If you want a little bit of dirt, hard to beat an E-H Soul Food. Or get a Boss GE-7 or other EQ to shape AND boost.

Bill
          When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by YeRedHouseOverYonder View Post
            Since you're tight on space and considering a klon, I'd recommend a Wampler Tumnus. Small footprint, perfect as a clean boost (as I used it), and interacts well with humbuckers. Pretty dynamic, responds well to adjusting guitar volume and pick attack. Will color your tone slightly. Klon mid range hump, but it pushes a good deal of low end too. *As with Darg1911, I have mine set to about 9-10 ish on the volume & gain.

That pedal show has a shootout of several klones. Most comments favor the Tumnus, as did I. I believe it gets played around 23:00 mins in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Problem solved, The problem is solved, We solved the problem, Problem solved.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

You should buy B2D's Fulltone Fat Boost in the Trading Post. Not only will it probably work perfect with the Jubilee, it even matches it!
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
              X