To keep a pedal or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To keep a pedal or no?

You can move that CF7 my way for 30 bones right now...
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Yeah, I really dig the CF7 pedal.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I've got a CF7 myself...LOVE it
        That fuzz you mentioned...I don't have a fuzz yet....

Anyway, if you throw the stuff on the Trading Post, its free, so who cares how long it takes to move? No fees to speak of, and shipping in the USPS isn't that bad with their standard boxes.
        I've bought a fair amount of stuff on the forum here, and never had a deal go sour.
        I strive to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Comment

That's also true, much slower burn but 95% of us are stand up dudes.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Im in the same boat.. Awhile back I was digging thru stuff and found pedals and stuff I forgot I had even.. .Should move em out... One I found, I was so thrilled.. Felt like Christmas!!
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

That's how I feel as well, playing a pedal I haven't plugged in for 3 or 4 years.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by czarokrates View Post
                The pedals you mentioned are not hard to find. Sell them and take them back in the future if you'll miss them.
                Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                I never keep a pedal unless I know for certain it will be used. Even if I only use it for one riff on an entire album, or very rarely at rehearsal. If it hasn't been used in a year there is a 99% chance it's headed for the chopping block.
                I gathered 20 pedals that I haven't used in a long time, played them all to remind myself what they sound like and verified functionality. I listed 16 on Reverb and have sold 9, almost all of them for more than I paid. The Reverb account is growing steadily, and if I'm smart I might be able to convert this into a nice guitar.

Thanks for the advice all!
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Post a link to your Reverb shop.

Comment

Depends... barring the obvious "dump the stomps that truly suck" prerequisite:

If you've got a studio/session player thing going on, keep them. You never know when you might want to grab that "different" pedal for a different effect.

If you have your tonal palette sussed out, keep them.

If you don't really have your tonal palette sussed out yet, it's probably best to trim the fat.

That said, a few years ago I removed all of my distortions, ODs and AIAB (amp in a box) stomps; I wanted the amp to do the heavy lifting so to speak. (I will however re-acquire the MXR Distortion+ because it was an ubiquitous stomp and also it works best as a "gooser" and not a true distortion).

Comment

Working...
                    X