X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLL
    replied
    Re: To keep a pedal or no?

Depends... barring the obvious "dump the stomps that truly suck" prerequisite:

If you've got a studio/session player thing going on, keep them. You never know when you might want to grab that "different" pedal for a different effect.

If you have your tonal palette sussed out, keep them.

If you don't really have your tonal palette sussed out yet, it's probably best to trim the fat.

That said, a few years ago I removed all of my distortions, ODs and AIAB (amp in a box) stomps; I wanted the amp to do the heavy lifting so to speak. (I will however re-acquire the MXR Distortion+ because it was an ubiquitous stomp and also it works best as a "gooser" and not a true distortion).

Leave a comment:

• Gtrjunior
    replied

Post a link to your Reverb shop.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

Originally posted by czarokrates View Post
    The pedals you mentioned are not hard to find. Sell them and take them back in the future if you'll miss them.
    Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
    I never keep a pedal unless I know for certain it will be used. Even if I only use it for one riff on an entire album, or very rarely at rehearsal. If it hasn't been used in a year there is a 99% chance it's headed for the chopping block.
    I gathered 20 pedals that I haven't used in a long time, played them all to remind myself what they sound like and verified functionality. I listed 16 on Reverb and have sold 9, almost all of them for more than I paid. The Reverb account is growing steadily, and if I'm smart I might be able to convert this into a nice guitar.

Thanks for the advice all!

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

That's how I feel as well, playing a pedal I haven't plugged in for 3 or 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

Im in the same boat.. Awhile back I was digging thru stuff and found pedals and stuff I forgot I had even.. .Should move em out... One I found, I was so thrilled.. Felt like Christmas!!

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

That's also true, much slower burn but 95% of us are stand up dudes.

Leave a comment:

• Taz Rules
    replied

I've got a CF7 myself...LOVE it
    That fuzz you mentioned...I don't have a fuzz yet....

Anyway, if you throw the stuff on the Trading Post, its free, so who cares how long it takes to move? No fees to speak of, and shipping in the USPS isn't that bad with their standard boxes.
    I've bought a fair amount of stuff on the forum here, and never had a deal go sour.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

Yeah, I really dig the CF7 pedal.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

You can move that CF7 my way for 30 bones right now...

Leave a comment:

• stratguy23
    replied

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Part of me is wondering if I can sell enough piddly things (pedals, pickups, hardware, etc.) to get something like a guitar or amp.
    You would be surprised at how quickly this can add up. Last fall, I got rid of some Duncans and Dimarzios I had lying around, and was astonished at how fast my PayPal account grew. Selling 10 pickups at $50 each = $500.

You would also be surprised at what people are willing to buy. Stock tuners, bridges, etc. pulled off guitars - those can be $20 and $30 wins that add up.

Leave a comment:

• Darg1911
    replied

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Part of me is wondering if I can sell enough piddly things (pedals, pickups, hardware, etc.) to get something like a guitar or amp.
    Unloaded a bunch of small stuff plus one cheap amp a few months back. I got right around 1K for all of it. Was going to fund an amp build. Ended up with some unexpected bills instead. Always seems to happen that way. At least I had enough left over after the bills to finishing paying off the last couple hundred bucks I owed on a guitar.

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    Guest replied

I like pedals because I haven't touched them in a year. I've bought and sold and re-bought an unwholesome number of pedals, and the best news is that you'll usually be able to find one again if you want it.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

I don't keep anything I haven't touched in a year. There is always something new I might want to check out, but really, I am pretty content now. I don't want to have to store these things or drag them around if I move.

Leave a comment:

• treyhaislip
    replied

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
    Trading fodder.
    This and

Originally posted by czarokrates View Post
    The pedals you mentioned are not hard to find. Sell them and take them back in the future if you'll miss them.
    This.

I've been in that situation with the Mad Professor Golden Cello. Have gone through three and the fourth one is here to stay. On my second Mad Professor Stone Grey Distortion...keeping that one too. But the others are all expendable. Add them to offers on used gear to knock off some cash, or sell them knowing you can buy them again.

Leave a comment:

• Coma
    replied

Unless it's likely to increase in value, sell it if you're not going to use it. If it's not worth much, put in in a "gear pot" - money reserved for buying gear and only gear.

Skickat från min HTC One M8s via Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X