NPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD

The Maxon OD-9 on my main board hasn't been cutting it lately, so I started looking at new options. I'd pretty much settled on a JRAD Archer when this popped up on Craigslist last night.

I listened to a few demos and decided to take the plunge, and I'm glad I did. My first impressions were that this thing is seriously loud; it has waaaaay more volume on tap than the OD-9. It's also incredibly flexible and interactive. I really like how the gain control influences the overall color and midrange boost as it's turned up, unlike the TS that seems to have an almost fixed mid-hump. I also think that this might be better for me than the Archer in the long run as the extra low end fills out just enough extra low mids. I can't say I've found the magic setting for my Marshall yet, but this thing is seriously cool and won't be leaving my collection any time soon.

I won't be parting with the OD-9 either; I really love how it makes my Lead 12 come to life and now I won't have to figure out how it can live in two places at once.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Re: NPD

Congrats! Glad this worked out for you. It is seriously a powerhouse klone pedal. That pedal show demo really demonstrates how it shines versus other klones and comes close to match silver/gold originals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my Wamplers, haven't had a bad thing to say about them yet.....

Comment

Yeah!

From a resident Wampler fanboy, nice! When I find a used one at a great price I'm going to pick one up.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
        X