banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverb vs. tape delay vs. digital delay etc. etc....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reverb vs. tape delay vs. digital delay etc. etc....

MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe. Thread over.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
      MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe. Thread over.
      Might be tax-season before the $ is handy, but this looks like it'll be my next pedal buy.
      Give them some time to work the production-bugs out anyways lol.
      They'll be about $200 with a sales code.
      I especially like the dedicated mod-knobs, the killdry and the bright/dark switch.
      Last edited by dave74; 07-28-2017, 03:06 AM.

Comment

I am happy we live in a time where there are a lot of choices for delay. These days, I need some sort of expression pedal to vary the volume and feedback of the delay I am using (unless I am recording, although it is cool there, too). I am not usually a 'set and forget' guy...I want control over the sound all of the time.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I've only tried and used the delays on my Line 6 pod, and I am actually looking for a separate delay pedal myself. I am into nothing like 'Edge Type' things, only for subtle ambiance, and to use with distortion mainly. And the 'Tape Delay' patch worked best to my liking, actually it is the only type I like at all. Just to share experience and maybe point to a direction.
          Last edited by stupendous silly; 07-30-2017, 11:36 PM.

Comment

For ambiance used with distortion, my favorite is a lo-fi digital delay followed by analog / tape delay. The reason I prefer lo-fi digital to analog is because the repeats get a bit less murky. On my board I have a DD-2 and a MIJ DD-3, which are quite rolled-off sounding compared to the bright, percussive sound of a new DD-3. I keep the DD-2 set for a long slap back ~150ms while the DD-3 is set around 400ms.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
            X