Looking for a simple modeling pedal for crunch and fx for my tube amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a simple modeling pedal for crunch and fx for my tube amp

I'm a blues/rock/modern country guy, my primary guitars are noise canceling strat designs and I have a rather simple need to replace a modeling pedal.

My primary amp is Music Man130HD, and it easily goes from warm, clear clean twin to slight crunch, but has no overdrive functionality.

So I've used a wide range of modeling pedals to create overdrive timbres and pedal FXs- from Yamaha's magic stomp for a very light rig to Boss gt10 as part of the big rig.

The Magic Stomp was perfect for the light rig but it died last week- lots of great models and gorgeous effects, simple small footprint. But it's so old that the editor is no longer supported by MS, so there is no reason to replace it with a used MStomp.

I'm leaning towards this Vox- Good reviews, inexpensive ($90), expression pedal, small footprint:
    Vox Pedal

So what's your experience? Do you like the Vox for what I need or do you have other ideas?

Much peace,
    ZStrat
    What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Re: Looking for a simple modeling pedal for crunch and fx for my tube amp

a used digitech rp series sells for under 50 bucks on GC used
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

For effects only, I really like the Line 6 M9.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks guys.

Ehdwuld... Can you give me strengths and weakness for the RP?

Mincer, I love that idea for a bigger rig, but I want to model a crunch preamp and cabinet as well as fx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you'd get a better sound if you split it up into 2 pieces (or spend more $$, like a Fractal AX8). Something like a Tech21 FlyRig (crunch and amp sim) with an M5 or M9 with it. I didn't like the sound of any of the Digitech, zoom, or Vox lower-end modelers.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I think you'd get a better sound if you split it up into 2 pieces (or spend more $$, like a Fractal AX8). Something like a Tech21 FlyRig (crunch and amp sim) with an M5 or M9 with it. I didn't like the sound of any of the Digitech, zoom, or Vox lower-end modelers.
            I like your thinking... Will do some research and let you know where I go.

Comment

The Boss GT1 doesn't bad for being a $200 digital stompbox.
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Thanks empty pockets. I use the gt10 in the big rig and like your thinking.

Ironically, the old magic stomp came back to life with a bad power jack so I'm going to delay replacement....

So thanks to all for good input for a future replacement.

Comment

Working...
                X