banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Muff into dirty channel or clean channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Muff into dirty channel or clean channel?

Orange Thunderverb 50 (gain : 9 o clock) and Big Muff (gain : 9 o clock) with amp volume as high as you can . . . is a thing of beauty.
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Muff into a twin reverb. Run for cover.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Both work fine. On my cleaner amps i run my Pharaoh (Muff-style fuzz) at lower gain for an amplike drive that i boost with my Black Forest overdrive to get thick saturation. On my dirtier amps I'll use the Pharaoh for a thicker, chunkier tone and the Black Forest for a tighter tone, and both at once for some really heavy stuff.

People underestimate the flexibility of the Big Muff Pi. Those 3 knobs cover a lot of ground, even on the cheap models. The boutique ones with tons of options can do even more. They're my favorite dirt pedals and i own 7 variations because they're all amazing.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Here's my baby board. The amp I use with it is a Vox AC10C1, set just breaking up. The position of the Sustain knob on the Big Muff Nano is where I keep it, no other effects on usually, and there's PLENTY of smooth and dirty muffy goodness!

Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

I like that board. Small and clean.

Comment

Working...
            X