Micro/Nano POG or Pitch Fork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro/Nano POG or Pitch Fork

It seems the Micro/Nano POG has the same sounds as the Pitch Fork, but the Pitch Fork does a lot more. Used prices are about the same.

Anyone compare or own either one?

I find them rather interesting.

Which would you use if given the chance?

Re: Micro/Nano POG or Pitch Fork

I think I like the Micro Pog because it has a dry out. I use the sub octave to feed into a bass amp and the dry signal into my guitar amp. I play some minimalist chords like say if I do an E minor I will play the E on the 7 fret of the A string and then on the B string I'll hit the 8 fret for a G. This seems to blend better since I play with another guitarist. It's also just really powerful playing some single not stoner rock on the low strings. But the Pitch Fork with an expression pedal could be killer and it also has harmony modes. I had a Whammy Pedal briefly that sound cool when you did pitch shifts with a delay pedal on and ket a dry signal. The Whammy Pedal seemed to suck my tone more than the Pitch Fork I tried in the store.

Comment

What do you want to do with it? Just one octave up / down or harmonies and whammy like stuff? If any of the later, pitch fork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I own a Micro POG and I love that thing. That being said, I don't know anything about the Pitch Fork, but I've considered getting a TC Sub'N'Up for a bit, more for the Toneprint options and deep edit functions.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
          What do you want to do with it? Just one octave up / down or harmonies and whammy like stuff? If any of the later, pitch fork.

I like to use it for a few different things... 12 string guitar mimicking, organ tones, etc.

Comment

Micro/Nano POG or Pitch Fork

Originally posted by Detroitblues View Post
            I like to use it for a few different things... 12 string guitar mimicking, organ tones, etc.
            Pog can still cover that since it's octave up/down. Depending on your modulation section, a sub N up can be better for organizing since it can also do modulation. http://www.tcelectronic.com/subnup-o...rgangenerator/

If it's a different interval that is not an octave up or down that you need or if you need/want to go from the natural note to the target note like a whammy, then the pitch fork.

Last edited by Blille; 08-08-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X