NPD Wampler Triple Wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD Wampler Triple Wreck

Normally I play the crap out of new gear before I post on the internet about it but this pedal has the instant 'wow' factor, I just had to make a NPD thread. Call me a fool!
    It's really good, a Rectifier in a box. It's not noisy on high gain settings as some people have said on the internet, all the knobs have a nice range to them in affecting the tone. You an make it as good or rediculous as you like.
    Wampler made a killer pedal!
    Now, I played it on the clean channel of my Jet city JCA22H with 2x12 v30 speaker cab, so its not the best 'pedal platform' but good enough for me. I'm curious who also owns it and what amp it sounds good through?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0992.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	5845044

Re: NPD Wampler Triple Wreck

I got a haul of Wamplers when they clearanced the V1 versions late last year. (No circuit changes, just graphics updates)

One of those is the Triple Wreck.... Thunderous low end and grinding mids. Great for heavy modern rock and metal. I usually use it through my Princeton Reverb for those tones at lower volumes, but I've run it through the road king as well with massive results. Brian calls this a fuzz, and it makes sense when you hit the Boost button. Where I really like the Boost on the Thirty Something, Plexidrive Deluxe and Pinnacle, the Triple Wreck Boost is too over the top and fuzzy, but the standard mode really is great as a quick and easy heavy tone.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'm expecting it to work well with a fender type amp. Would it sound good with a blues junior too?

Comment

I'm sure it would work well into a Blues Junior. Just watch the bass so it doesn't get flubby.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Works well with Blues Jr, Great Pedal!!! But I have a canibis rex speaker in my B JR....sounds awesome......

Comment

Working...
          X