Need help choosing a looper pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help choosing a looper pedal

I need some help choosing a looper pedal just for in house use. I went to the forum TC Electronics and there was plenty of posts with problem with the Ditto looper. So I did a little reasearch and the NUX Loop looks good also the JamMan Solo XT. I have been trying to learn Logic Pro X so I need a pedal that ha a usb port. My budget is around 130.00 Thanks.

Re: Need help choosing a looper pedal

Boss RC 3?
    EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 Purple (DiMarzio Sonic Ecstasies)
    Jackson Soloist AT Indigo Storm HT6 (BKP Juggernauts)
    Jackson Soloist Slime Green FR6 (Duncan Custom B/59B N)
    Fender MIM Fat Strat Sunburst (Stock)
    PRS Archon
    Line 6 Helix -> Powerstage

Comment

Thanks for your speedy reply. Will check it out.

Comment

Is there a way with the Boss RC3 to record each track separately so If I take them into Logic they will still be in sync and I could add effects to each track?
        Thanks

Comment

What problems with Ditto?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jamesroy View Post
            Is there a way with the Boss RC3 to record each track separately so If I take them into Logic they will still be in sync and I could add effects to each track?
            Thanks
            I'm not sure, but you could also check out the Tc wiretap. It's sort of a different take on a looper. Not sure how to explain it but it's advertised as a Riff recorder
            EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 Purple (DiMarzio Sonic Ecstasies)
            Jackson Soloist AT Indigo Storm HT6 (BKP Juggernauts)
            Jackson Soloist Slime Green FR6 (Duncan Custom B/59B N)
            Fender MIM Fat Strat Sunburst (Stock)
            PRS Archon
            Line 6 Helix -> Powerstage

Comment

The NUX has been working great for me (over a year now) ..if it broke I'd get another
              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I have a Ditto and have never had an issue with it. It sounds like you are looking for something more like a phrase recorder than something to do live looping. Is that true?

Loopers are generally used in free time and don't have a separate sync or MIDI input so keeping a loop in any absolute time will be very difficult indeed.

If you already have LPX, as you said above, I am very confused. Why not just overdub? That's what LPX is made for!
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

This depends on what you want to do with it. I like the Jamman Express better than the Ditto, as it is stereo in/out. If you just want to jam over tracks and save them, the cheaper Boss or Digitech Jamman XT are fine. If you want to look regular song structures, then you have to go up to a looper that allows serial loops (one stops, then another starts).
                  I use my loopers for ambient improvisations- my current favorite pedal is the Boomerang III, and my favorite rack effect is possibly the best looper of all time, the Echoplex Digital Pro.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Get Loopy

If you have a smartphone get [ Loopy* ] , that's as bare knuckles bones as
                    you can get and have a really nice looper if it's just for home use , some use it live though .

* https://loopyapp.com/

I have it , works great , but I use my T.C. Helicon Voice Live 3 X
                    mostly for looping and guitar/vocal FX into my live performance and computer ..

EZ :

HR
                    It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I don't think you can export the loops that way....
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by jamesroy View Post
                          Thanks
                          Is the primary aim to loop/record/fx in a DAW? There are different options to do that that doesn't require a pedal.

It feels like you've decided a looper pedal has to be the answer, when it might not be (the cart is pushing the horse).

Ableton Live could do this direct, I understand. And it's definitely doable direct in Logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The unassuming Fostex/ Tascam portable multitrack recorder is the answer to all of your problems...kiddo. Boss actually offers one too, in digital.

Comment

Working...
                            X