My pedalboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pedalboard

I'm still not sold on the GT-1. I've been stuck on the ME-70 for a while. I tried swapping in an ME-80 but there was something about the preamp/eq/buffer that I didn't like as much as the ME-70. I might come to the same conclusion with the GT-1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: My pedalboard

Originally posted by kyleivanblake View Post
    I'm still not sold on the GT-1. I've been stuck on the ME-70 for a while. I tried swapping in an ME-80 but there was something about the preamp/eq/buffer that I didn't like as much as the ME-70. I might come to the same conclusion with the GT-1.

What amp do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
      What amp do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Marshall Class 5 combo or a Fender Vibrolux.

Comment

I feel like the ME-70 was the last unit that sounded like a small chain of stomp boxes. The ME-80 have something that needs turned off or adjusted that I can't find.

Comment

Looper mania!
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Looper mania!
            Could be worse! I do use this as my development board. Songwriting and testing. I gig with an ME-70 by itself mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by kyleivanblake View Post
              I feel like the ME-70 was the last unit that sounded like a small chain of stomp boxes. The ME-80 have something that needs turned off or adjusted that I can't find.

Thats the issue with ALL the GT boards from Boss. I don't use the ME series as they don't have the ability to use the 4 cable method. I don't just use a clean amp, I use the drive channel or gain channel in my amp and want to place effects where they sound go. The GT series excelled at this but it does exactly what you are talking about.

BUT I know exactly what that issue is and you have to figure out how the hell to get all these setting right.

1) Global EQ - you can't turn it off. You have to deal with it and figure out how to make the Boss board transparent. Good luck I tried with 3 different models with no luck
              2) Input gain - yeah you have to go build a patch that doesn't come from the factory so you can adjust your guitars input gain. This will make or break your tone.
              3) Output Patch Level - another great idea by Boss. This will drive you mad

Comment

I'm looking at selling the GT-1 on eBay like I have everything they came out with in multieffects since the ME-70.

It's like they've shifted their focus to people playing direct into headphone mixes and forgot everyone else.

Comment

My pedalboard

I spent a couple hours with the GT1 last night. I'm starting to develop a patch that's a little better. I have faith!

I do believe the GT series run on a different code base or platform than the ME-70 and older. It's just a different animal and it seems to be voiced by default for direct into DAW or headphones.

Last edited by kyleivanblake; 08-29-2017, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X