Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOYO JP-02 Power Supply

Hello guys,

I'm about to buy it for 60$ I'm not willing to pay 240 dollars for Pedal Power MONDO.

(I watched a comparison video. There is slight difference at tone and almost no difference at humming.)

Do I come across any issue (malfunction) later using it for a couple of time? Any comments?

Re: JOYO JP-02 Power Supply

I can't speak to the Joyo but I have a couple of the Donner power supplies. I've been using them for several months now with no issues.

Comment

My understanding is that the outputs are regulated but not isolated, so the products are not comparable. It may work for you if you run mostly analog pedals but it may not it you run a ton of digital.

I don't own one so take this with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Regulated Output means that Pedals are protected from Voltage changes?

Comment

Yes, constant voltage level. It's also a step up from Daisy chains because if one fails the others are ok. The only downside is that they are not isolated so you may get noise.

Comment

The jp-04 has isolated outs

Comment

Th JP-02 outputs aren't isolated, so you may get some noise especially if you have some pedals in front of the amp and some in the loop. The JP-04 looks like the better choice, can't guarantee the outputs are isolated, but they most likely are.

For the XXXXth time, if a power supply uses a wall wart, it's not isolated.

Comment

The JP-04 does have truly isolated outputs (isolated grounds) from what I understand. But so does the Donner DP-3 for less money. $75. Mosky C8 is also isolated for under $100. The Donner is probably the best deal. The Mosky looks exactly like the Donner. There's another one I've seen recently but cant recall the name. The Donner gets good reviews. If I was taking a flyer on a cheap, truly isolated supply, I'd go for the Donner.

That said, the Truetone One Spot Pro CS7 is $120 and a good supply. It's a good deal for a big brand name. I own the CS12 and it's every bit as quiet as my voodoo was. Understandable though that not everyone wants to or can afford to spend north of 100 bucks.
                Last edited by Darg1911; 09-12-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

The Donner and Mosky look suspiciously similar to each other and the Truetone, although the Truetone doesn't have the big power switch on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                    For the XXXXth time, if a power supply uses a wall wart, it's not isolated.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                      The Donner and Mosky look suspiciously similar to each other and the Truetone, although the Truetone doesn't have the big power switch on the side.
                      It looks like Mosky copied every popular power supply just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                        It looks like Mosky copied every popular power supply just in case.

Indeed. Those Chinese manufacturers are rascals.

Comment

Working...
                        X