Radial Plexitube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radial Plexitube

A few weeks ago, I acquired a Radial Tonebone Plexitube in a trade. So far, it's been a welcome addition to my signal chain, which goes as follows:

Dunlop Crybaby
    Way Huge Green Rhino
    EHX Lumberjack
    Denelectro Fab Distortion
    EHX Little Big Muff
    Plexitube

This all runs into an early 70's silverface Super Reverb. My Strat is over at my dad's house, so I haven't tried single coils with this new setup, but the Les Paul/SG sounds killer. I leave the Plexitube on the yellow (low gain) channel all the time, with the drive all the way down. This gives an awesome crunchy tone that cleans up beautifully with the volume knob. If I kick on the Green Rhino (volume above unity, drive almost all the way down, bass flat, mids cranked, tone around 1:00), it's a killer old school rock/metal tone.

I'm not all that into the red channel, but it could easily do any metal tones up to Killswitch Engage. I haven't messed with the other pedals that much stacked with the Plexitube yet, but I'm happy enough with the Rhino & Plexitube, I could probably ditch the rest.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Radial Plexitube

Sounds like a great setup!
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      Sounds like a great setup!
      Thanks! I'm super happy with it. Finally, I can click on other amp & guitar threads without feeling inadequate about my ****
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Congrats!

I used to have one. Never could get high gain tones out of it that weren't fuzzy and muddy. Must've been a different version.
        Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

What kind of amp did you use? Speakers?

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
            What kind of amp did you use? Speakers?
            It's been awhile, but iirc I used it mostly in front of a Blues Jr I used to have. But I also tried it through the clean channels of my JVM, a JCM2000 TSL and a 5150 I used to have, just to see how it sounded through different amps. I might have tried it through my little Peavey Vypyr too.
            Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

The Radial Plexi-tube is one of the best pedals I've ever heard at changing a Fender amp into a Marshall. I first heard one demoed by the guys from Radial at a Seattle guitar show. They had a Deluxe Reverb and a vintage Marshall and the comparisons were spot on, not just tone but feel. I was really impressed with that pedal.

Congrats!

Bill
              When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
              X