My final thoughts: M9, MS3, G3n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My final thoughts: M9, MS3, G3n

So I have went deep in this lately and round and round to pick the best one for me. Thank you all who provided input and suggestions! As I see it - here is the deal:

The Line6 M9 - This is THE box for those of you who crave vintage pedals, and the ability to program-up a board of up to six pedals, as long as three at once is all you want. The downside appears to be that "three" max issue, along with an emphasis on some heavy vintage boxes. Bonus - more parameters on many than you would typically have. This is the box for true stomp fans.

The Zoom G3n - This is the box for those who want to program some, but want to potentially string up to Seven fx into your sonic brew. Cool chain editing capabilities, and the ability to split and assign patches to pedals in chunks, or use as single pedals. Downside, on three on-offs at a time.

The Boss MS3 - This is the all in a box digital stage switching system for someone who needs the number of effects that can be chained like the G3n, but want their REAL vintage boxes in loops, and want to toss an expression pedal, or two, along with a midi line, as cheap "Houston Control" for the stage.

For me - they would all work. But the G3n, is probably the simplest with the most for what I want to do. I could use it for more if I wanted. And at $124 it is the cheapest of the bunch. Stay tuned for NPD. Just as soon as this storm thing blows over....
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: My final thoughts: M9, MS3, G3n

Hey,

Has anyone ever had any problems with the MS3? Mine seems to be cutting out mid gig... powering off then powering back on!! It's powered using the psa adaptor that came with it... I use voodoo lab for my other pedals... so it goes like this...
    From guitar...
    Tc bonifide buffer
    Wah
    Boss ps5
    Boss multi overtone... into Ms3 input
    MS3 output to...
    Ehx memory toy
    Boss Re 20 space echo
    Strymon big sky... out to amp...

Any ideas to help would be awesome... overall just done the firmware update on the MS3 from 1.02 to 1.04... last freaked out this Sat mid gig... super frustrating coz it's a cool pedal!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marcelmerrix View Post
      Hey,

Has anyone ever had any problems with the MS3? Mine seems to be cutting out mid gig... powering off then powering back on!! It's powered using the psa adaptor that came with it... I use voodoo lab for my other pedals... so it goes like this...
      From guitar...
      Tc bonifide buffer
      Wah
      Boss ps5
      Boss multi overtone... into Ms3 input
      MS3 output to...
      Ehx memory toy
      Boss Re 20 space echo
      Strymon big sky... out to amp...

Any ideas to help would be awesome... overall just done the firmware update on the MS3 from 1.02 to 1.04... last freaked out this Sat mid gig... super frustrating coz it's a cool pedal!!
      Don’t know about the MS3 but my Strymon El Capistan is very temperamental based on power cord, if it’s anything less than all the way in, the pedal will power down/up. It was only by trying some different cords (I use a TRex power brick) that I found it was about having the tightest fit. It’s stable now.

Bottom line make sure you check the power cords!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I was actually thinking along the same lines. A short in a power cord or a loose connection between the jack and the cord can cause that kind of behavior with just the slightest movement.
        Originally posted by The Commodores?
        "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Mine has been fine so far - weekly practices, a couple of gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            Mine has been fine so far - weekly practices, a couple of gigs.
            So you got the Boss MS3? I was looking for that NPD thread. Can you do a review of it? I am curious how well do its Chorus and Analog delay sound compared to the real analog pedals, are they modeling the CE-1 and DM-2w?
            Who took my guitar?

Comment

Oh - sorry - no GNX3

Comment

Working...
              X