Chinese Wampler Pinnacle Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Wampler Pinnacle Clone

Found this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Distortio...0AAOSw-29ZXbFG on eBay looks a lot like it is meant to be a Wampler Pinnacle. Anyone heard of it before? There is a shot of the guts does it look like it could be close to the REAL circuit?
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube

Re: Chinese Wampler Pinnacle Clone

On their website there is even a Triple Wreck clone and they arent subtle about it http://www.moskyaudio.com/product/product-40-841.html
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube

Comment

I wouldn't buy knockoff junk. There is more to the Pinnacle than just the circuit, they sort JFETs for the appropriate gain ranges so that each JFET doesn't need to be biased. The Pinnacle has been available for a while but the core circuit hasn't really changed. I'd get an older used one.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I wouldn't buy knockoff junk. There is more to the Pinnacle than just the circuit, they sort JFETs for the appropriate gain ranges so that each JFET doesn't need to be biased. The Pinnacle has been available for a while but the core circuit hasn't really changed. I'd get an older used one.
        In no way was I implying Id buy one, I own a really old Pinnacle (Indyguitarist Pinnacle II as it was known before Wampler was the company name) it has been on my board for 10 years, I am just interested in details of these because they arent subtle and even their descriptions are ripped from Wampler.
        Gondola Kid
        Bandcamp
        Facebook
        JimijaymesGuitarist
        Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by James Rock View Post
          In no way was I implying Id buy one, I own a really old Pinnacle (Indyguitarist Pinnacle II as it was known before Wampler was the company name) it has been on my board for 10 years, I am just interested in details of these because they arent subtle and even their descriptions are ripped from Wampler.
          Ah, I see. There used to be straight up knockoffs of the Pinnacle and Triple Wreck, but Wampler quashes those pretty quickly. This must be a branding update to kind of get around it but hint at it, similar to Mooer, Donner, etc.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
          X