Thoughts on multi effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on multi effects

I've had a few multi fx units over the years. I found that the effects like chourus, delay, phase etc are fantastic but I always thought the OD/Distortion sounds were crap.

Comment

Re: Thoughts on multi effects

See - my Boss GT-6 had a bad@$$ Marshall distortion sound in it. Also had some crap sounds, but again - depends on what you want, like, and need.

I still haven't front-ended my G3n yet - but they sure seem to like that Bogner model in the presets...
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Re: Thoughts on multi effects

Originally posted by ratiug View Post
        I did start from scratch by setting the tuner to bypass and matching the clean sound and level to the bypassed sound then copying that to the first three banks.my plan was to use the GT8 in manual mode with no preamp or cab sims into a Vox MV50 which doesnt have an effects loop But I found i n manual mode on the gt8 there is no good boost so I am forced to use it in patch mode with preamps cause the preamps have a solo boost feature. I can get them sounding pretty good through the front of the amp if the gains are set very low 5-10 range.
        I knew I should have waited for a Zoom G5 to turn up!
        I do not use a Boss at the moment, but I find with many multi fx....you can usually use a compressor as a nice boost. You have to put the comp last normally and play with the settings, but usually I have a achieved what I was looking for....which is simply a lead boost, that works with both clean and distorted things. I tend to like multi fx pedals and only use them in stomp mode.
        *******Please check out some of my songs:
        https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/de...bandid=1430296

Comment

Working...
        X