octave fuzz suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: octave fuzz suggestions

also saw that mxr makes a la machine. seems like local shop has at least the fulltone and mxr so ill try and hit it when i can. got three gigs and a wedding to attend this weekend so hopefully next week. keep em coming though if there are others worth seeking out

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      a compressor doesnt mess it up? most of my fuzz pedals want to see the guitar and dont act right if there is anything before them.
      Not for the rhythm sound I'm going for. Some might say it's a 'messed up' sound, but that's a matter of opinion or personal preference. I call it a 'different' sound. I will add that everything leading up to the fuzz is true bypass and unbuffered, so if the UFO is the first thing on it's the first thing in the chain.
      Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

I love my Fulltone Ultimate Octave.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate19 View Post
          I have an EHX Octavix--very good for Gary Clark Jr/Hendrix-type tones. Relatively inexpensive, as well

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
          I've been wanting to try one of these, they look and sound fun!

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
            I've been wanting to try one of these, they look and sound fun!
            Fun to play around with, REALLY nice once you get it dialed in

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              how does it clean up when you roll the volume down? im used to fuzzface style fuzz pedals so this is a different beast
              Originally posted by cvansickle View Post
              The HomeBrew Electronics UFO is the way to go, if you can find one that is. HBE is no longer in business. Having the octave function switchable if critical for me. The Voodoo Lab and Fulltone octave fuzzes sound good, but the easy switching function is not there.

Playing chords? No problem. I use it for lots of Lenny Kravitz stuff and chords sound great. Try a compressor in front of it to smooth it out a little bit.
              I use mine into the lead channel of my Marshall Jubilees, similarly to how Joe Satriani uses his Fulltone. In that capacity it doesn't sound all the great for chords, and I honestly don't remember how well it cleans up with the guitar's volume knob. It has a truckload of gain, so running it into a completely clean amp should be completely doable. In that situation I'd expect it to clean up at least somewhat better.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

MXR submachine does up, down, fuzz, in any combination. It is a very thorough fuzz/octave box. Impressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                ___
                T.B.
                Raiford, Fla

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                  I use mine into the lead channel of my Marshall Jubilees, similarly to how Joe Satriani uses his Fulltone. In that capacity it doesn't sound all the great for chords, and I honestly don't remember how well it cleans up with the guitar's volume knob. It has a truckload of gain, so running it into a completely clean amp should be completely doable. In that situation I'd expect it to clean up at least somewhat better.
                  When I use the UFO, it's almost always running into the boosted green side of my Marshall DSL40C. Amp is juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust on the edge of breakup, so the fuzz hits it almost clean. The effected sound is fat for chords, with bite for single notes.
                  Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

I have an EQD Fuzz Master General Octave in the FS section if you are still looking.

Comment

Working...
                    X