banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lovepedal les lius + fender hot rod deluxe 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovepedal les lius + fender hot rod deluxe 3?

Les lius + hot rod deluxe. Is this combination any good?

Re: Lovepedal les lius + fender hot rod deluxe 3?

If you think it is, then yeah...that's the only opinion that really matters.

Now - if you let us know what you want it to be good for, and what you think good is, you'll probably get some more definitive answers. But overall, anything into the front of a Hot Rod usually works out well.

But remember - that pedal is designed to simulate like three different little amps cranked. So if you want the Pedal to make the sound, and run the Hot Rod clean, sure.
    Last edited by Aceman; 10-01-2017, 12:55 PM.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'm thinking about getting the pedal and maybe someone did try it with a HRD before.

I'm trying to nail that sweet keith richards tone with the possibility of getting more gain if needed and some blues tones too. Do you think the les lius can do it all?

Comment

Forum member Powdered Toast Man is Keith in a Rolling Stones Tribute band. He uses the Les Lius into various Fender amps, so that's a pretty good endorsement.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
          Forum member Powdered Toast Man is Keith in a Rolling Stones Tribute band. He uses the Les Lius into various Fender amps, so that's a pretty good endorsement.
          I did not know he used that. But...makes a lot of sense!
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I own two HRDeluxes. One 2005 ish and one newish.
            I use the clean channel only with the master on 10 and the volume on 4-5 for live gigs. The cleans are wonderful, treble on 5-7 depending for my tastes, mid on 3, bass 0 as I use one open and one closed cab so no extra boominess needed.
            With just this simple set up, I can get any tone I shoot for.
            The pedals I have are all top notch, boosters, boosters W/gain, EQ, etc. I know which to use as I have had a growing list of pedals to push a clean sound in any direction.
            I don't know the pedal you are talking of, but the HRD3 would be a Keef approved clean place to start from. At 40 watts max you could mic that for a stadium or pull back the volume (not the master) and use it in small venues with the right pedal for some grit and breakup. A beatiful one amp for all piece of gear as far as I am concerned, and of course IMHO.
            Steve Buffington .......Hope that helps a little.

Comment

you know the master does nothing to the clean channel right?

the hrd is a fine pedal platform and the les luis does the tweed thing really well, im sure they would work fine together with the right amp settings

Comment

ive run a les lius through both a twin reverb and a princeton reverb. Sounded good. Dont see why the HRD would be any different.
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                X