Retro-Sonic Distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro-Sonic Distortion

So I picked up a Retro-Sonic Distortion for about 90US and am really enjoying this thing. Now I have never played an actual RAT only clones such as the Mooer Black Secret. While I am enjoying it I do feel it doesn't have as much Oomph as I expect from the rat sound especially on the stock diode setting. I do really like the middle position more punch and balls. According to the manual the far right is the LED setting but this is the most compressed which is the opposite of the LED setting in the Mooer and to have LEDs in other pedals like the DS-1 and is my least favourite whereas I love LEDs in other pedals, not sure whats going on in there for that to be the case. Has anyone compared it to the BYOC RAT or any other RAT clones with switchable clipping. Totally not sure if I want to keep it or try a different RAT clone (a cheaper one) and compare.
    I did a bit of a video, I am using my Frenzel HBX-AC15 which is kind of Marshall meets VOX meets Matchless, has more Marshall grind and bigger bottom end then an AC15 but has that chime. As far as I can tell RATs work best with the british side of gain, not sure whether to expect a huge change in tone with different amps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPxDN2UDBX4
    Last edited by James Rock; 10-01-2017, 05:25 PM.
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube
Working...
X