Yamaha Magicstomp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Magicstomp

I have owned the Yamaha Magicstomp since 2008 from a blowout sale. The price was around USD100 new, a steal considering the amazing modulation and time-based effects and other esoteric stuff, especially the Holdsworth patches. However I had a bittersweet sentiment toward the stomp cause the thing can suck your tone and no way to bypass it hence you can't hear the full power of the device with your tone intact, whether in front or in the loop. I really considered selling it.

But after I purchased the THR5, I experimented with the Magicstomp by plugging it into the THR's AUX input. Wow! What a difference! Now I am listening to the Stomp's effects' full capacity through the THR's 2 high-fi stereo speakers! The Holdsworth patches come to life as the champs as they are! Now, I will never selling it.

Also, I was taught that in order to operate it through an amp, then get a Boss LS-2 Line Selector or something like that and run the Magicstomp in the parallel loop, like running a rack gear. Because the MS is essentially, a rack in a pedal format.

So, if there's any MS owner out there who is experiencing the same problems I had, you've got solutions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	18485264_10156152017631874_7189639624688131107_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	5845441

Click image for larger version

Name:	21616299_10156152018026874_5908135652411509127_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	5845442

Re: Yamaha Magicstomp

These were interesting pedals. I owned one for quite awhile, and I know Allan Holdsworth used about 6 of them in a row for his clean chorus sound (each using a different delay). They are a bit bulky and a pain to program, but they are awesome sounding.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      These were interesting pedals. I owned one for quite awhile, and I know Allan Holdsworth used about 6 of them in a row for his clean chorus sound (each using a different delay). They are a bit bulky and a pain to program, but they are awesome sounding.
      I think Holdsworth used 3 to 4 for clean and the rest for drive.
      I wouldn't say it is bulky , however it is not rugged enough for live use. in fact even for home and studio use you have to be careful. Holdsworth himself used to separate the MS from his pedalboard and place them on a special shelf, so he could operate them with hand instead of stomp them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinight Templar View Post
        I think Holdsworth used 3 to 4 for clean and the rest for drive.
        I wouldn't say it is bulky , however it is not rugged enough for live use. in fact even for home and studio use you have to be careful. Holdsworth himself used to separate the MS from his pedalboard and place them on a special shelf, so he could operate them with hand instead of stomp them.
        My Ms just died... Amazing fx and models at a very low price point. As mentioned, it was a pain to program, but easily competed with my big rig with practically no footprint.

Working on replacement now and will post results soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
        What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Working...
        X