• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blueman335
    replied
    Re: Favorite wah

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations. I need to start playing a bunch of them.

Yes you do. After decades of neglect, starting in the 2000's there has been a wave of quality wahs introduced. Every kind imaginable.

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied

Thanks for the recommendations. I need to start playing a bunch of them.

Leave a comment:

• Metalman_666
    replied

I also love the adjustable wahs.

My Dime CryBaby from Hell is basically a 535Q with red Fasel, camo graphics and skate tape, and lots of adjustment. Any settings I've ever used have sounded great, and I can easily dial in the sweep I feel like.

I also have a V847 modded for a DC jack, the vintage flavour isn't my go-to, because it's very full and thick. It doesn't get as much love as the CFH but still a great classic wah

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• VinceT
    replied

I too have the Cybaby Classic described above - it’s great, though I did adjust the range down a little, just to ease of the really shrill end. Of all the wash out there that have interested me, the Xotic looks just about everything I could ever want - and their stuff is great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    Back in the day, when someone asked about a wah, the general consensus was the Fulltone Clyde McCoy. Is this still the case?
    <snip>
    Is there a sweet drop in board for my Crybaby, or do I need to go for something like the Fulltone?

Where should I start?
    If you're looking for a sweet drop-in board, check out Wilson Effects. On my board I have a Vox Union Jack shell with Wilson's Signature Wah board. It's inspired by the Vox Clyde McCoy, but it's tweakable like a 535Q, MC404, or Teese RMC3. He also offers a ton of other wahs if you're looking for something a bit more unique.

Leave a comment:

• blueman335
    replied

I like the variable ones with external adjustments best, like the 535Q and MC404. It's like having multiple wah pedals which can be changed on the fly.

You can get replacement boards for GCB-95 and Vox 845/847; if you do, you should get the true bypass versions. But, it's not hard to mod the stocks boards yourself and to do true bypass. Lots of instructions online.

Leave a comment:

• Gtrjunior
    replied

I have the Crybaby Classic with the red (?) fasel. I had previously had a bad horsie and a 95Q. Both of them were switchless which is a nice feature but neither played well with my amp. Neither is true bypass. I opted for the CB Classic on some advise and I couldn’t be happier. It sounds amazing has a great sweep range and is hardware bypass.

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    started a topic Favorite wah

Favorite wah

Back in the day, when someone asked about a wah, the general consensus was the Fulltone Clyde McCoy. Is this still the case?

The only two wahs I've ever spent any time with are the GCB-95 and the Morley Bad Horsey. I like how fat the Morley is, but overall I prefer the tone of the Crybaby. I've been using a crappy wah for years, so I'm happy to sit back and save up a little longer for something really good.

Overall tonally, I'm old school, bluesy rock and funk.

Is there a sweet drop in board for my Crybaby, or do I need to go for something like the Fulltone?

Where should I start?
Working...
X