Fender Bassbreaker 007 drive pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Bassbreaker 007 drive pedal

So I got a Fender Bassbreaker 007 recently and it’s amazing. Sounds like a cross between a fender and a Marshall. I’m trying to solve something with a pedal. I have very little pedal experience so to save much trial and error I have a question. It’s single channel. So is there a pretty eq flat transparent pedal you would recommend to replace turning up the gain knob or the volume on the Guitar? I just want something to go from clean to rock drive, not metal, that doesn’t color the tone as the gain on this amp sounds amazing. I hope this all makes sense.

Fender Bassbreaker 007 drive pedal

Tranparent-ey, check out the EHX Soul Food, Timmy, Blues Drive, Bluesbreaker or Klon clones or inspired pedals. There’s a billion options, most should do it.

Given that we’re in the SD forum I should mention the Forza but I’ve never played one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Blille; 10-23-2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Re: Fender Bassbreaker 007 drive pedal

OCD, clean boost like an EP Booster, MicroAmp or an LPB-1, Fulltone Fat Boost, or my personal preference the Stone Deaf PDF-1.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

It is a very individual choice depending not just on your own taste but it also changes depening on how your particular guitar and amp interact.
        I'm sorry to say that there is no short cut apart from trial and error.
        Having said that, a really good place to start is to set your amp so it sounds dirty when you dig in and clean(ish) when you play light is about as good as things get. Then if you want wailing leads kick it in the pants with a simple standard like a boss sd-1 or a tube screamer. There are a bazillion boutique pedals out there but the basic recipe is the same. Good place to start, then you can explore all the variations out there, with every chance that you end up back where you started.
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Support the home team and go with the Pickup Booster (but it really is great).
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

So I ended up starting with a blues driver. Got an amazing deal on it. I have to say I am blown away by this pedal. Especially considering the cost of these things. It was exactly what I was looking for. Ive heard pedals several times the cost of this thing that sound terrible.

Also if anyone is considering this amp, do it. I like it better than my DSL40C. Couldnt be happier with this combo. Something about a good amp pedal combo that motivates you to play.

Comment

Love my 007 only thing I've used up front is a Pigtronix Class A boost, it gives it a good swift kick!

I was thinking of a Tubescreamer or a Blues Driver, going to have to try one with it.
              My Bands -
              https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
              www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
              www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
              GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

EHX Soul food would probably work. If you can still find one of their Crayon pedals, that would do the trick as well.

Comment

Sounds like what you need is an EQ. You can set it for a bit of boost and color or not color your tone as you would like.

Comment

Working...
                  X