What are good pedals for bass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are good pedals for bass?

FWIW, I tried a bunch of compressors for my bass rig including the Keeley 4-knob, and I kept going back to the EHX Black Finger. I absolutely love what that pedal does for bass.

Comment

Originally posted by The GrungeMetal Guy View Post
      I know that it's almost a requirement to have a compressor pedal, but what else would be good? Need advice for my bass player. What pedals would be good for him, we play metal, mostly progressive metal, so what pedals would be best for him. Modulation pedals, time pedals, distortion pedals, utility pedals. Thank you!
      Why do you think he even needs them? What's missing from his current sound? If he gets a fairly dirty tone then he may not need a compressor (not to mention most guys don't even know how to use one).

What's his current rig? Instead of $400 in pedals, maybe that $400 could go towards something else that will improve the sound that much more.

With that said, Sansamp everywhere I go (nothing worse then a gnarly amp tone and a tiny DI in FOH) and a chorus pedal depending on what gig it is.
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

I've found that Compressor and some sort of dirt are the essentials. A modulation and wah or envelope filter could be useful too. Beyond that, it's up to the individual (well, technically it's all up to the individual).

Key feature I look for in compressor and dirt pedals for use with bass is a clean mix/blend so you can keep some of the clean signal in. It's especially important to me with dirt boxes because I find you lose a lot of the rumbling lows with a dirty bass.

Comment

Working...
        X