Palladium Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palladium Troubles

So I'm new to building boards and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it seems that I keep frying my distortion pedal. I plugged it in to the voodoo lab pedal power 2 plus straight to the front of the clean channel of my amp and the volume would cut in and out. Id turn it on and off and it wouldn't distort the sound at all though the the lights were on....checked all the connections, changed all the wires...nothing...

So I called Zzounds tech support and they said I have a dud pedal and was able to get it replaced....only now the new one is doing the same thing, after using it twice....this time with new cables, all the connections in....am I doing something wrong? or am I just unlucky...?
    Please help....this thing was too expensive for this lol

Re: Palladium Troubles

My guess is that the either the polarity is wrong on the power supply, or there isn't enough power. Does it work with its own power supply?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Confirm you are using the "black to black" cable (standard, not the red polarity flipping one).
      Confirm you are using outputs 5 or 6 on the PP2+ with the DIP switch in the "normal" position.

It looks like Palladium needs 180ma, outputs 1-4 & 7-8 on PP2+ only provide 100ma. 5-6 provide 250ma.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yessss!!!! That worked! Thank you!

Comment

It def wasn't getting enough power, had to do what they guy said below

Comment

Great!
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yay! Unless it is an old analog pedal, so many modern pedals are very specific about the power requirements.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X