Andromeda V2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andromeda V2?

This is more of a request directed to Riley, Mincer, or someone at SD who says what goes ahead: Andromeda's dynamics respond to picking attack. How about an Andromeda that A) responds to pitch/note, and/or B) is able to add pitch like the Earthquaker Avalanche does? I ask because it may not be possible to add this to the current Andromeda as a software/firmware update, and I rely on having a USB port (which the Avalanche doesn't have).

P.S: Where do I get a Seymour Duncan Andromeda sticker to put on my rack mount blanking plates, assuming there is one?
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-29-2017, 05:01 PM.
    I don't have a problem with management, management have a problem with me.

Re: Andromeda V2?

Great suggestion! This is Riley's wheelhouse, as I have about the least power in the world to implement these cool ideas. I am a delay freak, though, and I love to make all kinds of kooky sounds with it. I have only played with the Andromeda a little bit, but I would believe that if it can be updated with new features, it will.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It's really cool that you're thinking about this kinda stuff already, and I'm glad you seem to be digging Andromeda so far. There probably won't be any major features added to Andromeda anytime soon (which is not to say there won't be updates), but we have more digital pedals in the works, so you never know what you might see coming up.

As for stickers, I don't think we have one for Andromeda specifically. We probably should!

Comment

Been thinking about this a bit more. I think it would be nice to improve the MIDI implementation. At current, you can only get it to bank up (1-32), not down. And you can only do this once with MIDI CC. To switch between two different banks, I have to use MIDI Toggle. There's no preset up or down at the moment either. These commands would be very handy for scrolling through banks/presets in either direction, using an external MIDI pedalboard.

And a sticker specifically for the SD Andromeda would be nice too. Actually, an Andromeda T-shirt would be really nice!
        Last edited by wilkinsi; 01-09-2018, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I would also like the mix, mod, tone and saturation values to appear on the Andromeda's display when I adjust the knobs. Please?

Comment

I don't own an Andromeda, and only spent a few minutes with it. If there ever was a V2, I'd love an expression pedal input that lets you morph between 2 sounds or types of delay.

Comment

How about AU/VST plugin versions of Seymour Duncan pedals?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'm passing along your request re:MIDI to our software engineer to get his thoughts.

Comment

@Riley, any word back yet from the software engineer on the MIDI implementation question here? I agree 100% with @wilkinsi... the Andromeda's firmware is in desperate need of an update that introduces new MIDI commands enabling users to bank up, bank down, and scroll through the presets in a bank. With the way the Andromeda is currently set up, it feels like Seymour Duncan is taunting us by giving us 128 presets but no ability to access them in a live application!
                  Last edited by hooligangorilla; 04-24-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligangorilla View Post
                    @Riley, any word back yet from the software engineer on the MIDI implementation question here? I agree 100% with @wilkinsi... the Andromeda's firmware is in desperate need of an update that introduces new MIDI commands enabling users to bank up, bank down, and scroll through the presets in a bank. With the way the Andromeda is currently set up, it feels like Seymour Duncan is taunting us by giving us 128 presets but no ability to access them in a live application!
                    Welcome to the forum!
                    You may try sending him a PM so he knows you posted in this thread. If you hear the answer, let the rest of us know!

Comment

I really want to hear the answer as well. I’ve been giving his pedal some serious consideration lately, but with the suggestions posted here this particular version may not be what I thought it was.

Comment

Thanks to the feedback from wilkinsi we did implement new MIDI functions for Andromeda - The update should be available through the Software Updater in the next week or so.

Sorry it took so long guys, our engineer was wrapped up in getting Silver Lake finished for launch! (And because of the timing of your post the new functionality made it onto Silver Lake too, so thank you!)

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                          Been thinking about this a bit more. I think it would be nice to improve the MIDI implementation. At current, you can only get it to bank up (1-32), not down. And you can only do this once with MIDI CC. To switch between two different banks, I have to use MIDI Toggle. There's no preset up or down at the moment either. These commands would be very handy for scrolling through banks/presets in either direction, using an external MIDI pedalboard.

And a sticker specifically for the SD Andromeda would be nice too. Actually, an Andromeda T-shirt would be really nice!
                          Originally posted by Riley View Post
                          Thanks to the feedback from wilkinsi we did implement new MIDI functions for Andromeda - The update should be available through the Software Updater in the next week or so.

Sorry it took so long guys, our engineer was wrapped up in getting Silver Lake finished for launch! (And because of the timing of your post the new functionality made it onto Silver Lake too, so thank you!)
                          So kind of a MIDI noob question here:

I’m about to rebuild my pedalboard and for the first time use a switching system (musicomlab mkIII).
                          I was under the impression that with this switcher and the use of midi capable pedals like the andromeda, I should be able to write/save a patch and then assign it to a particular switching function with the musicomlab pedal. That should allow me to recall any andromeda bank/patch at the click of one switch on the musicomlab?
                          That should eliminate the need to scroll through banks/patches manually on the andromeda (or any midi capable pedal)....
                          Is all that a correct assumption?

Comment

@Riley thanks for the update and the great news. Delighted that the Andromeda is getting additional MIDI CC messages that will help those of us who like to scroll get at all 128 presets quickly. This might be too much to ask, but it would be extra awesome if you used the same CC#s as Strymon does for this same function on the Timeline... helps compatibility and makes it easier for users to use existing controllers out there on the market. Though I realize that may not even be possible. Either way, I'll keep my eyes posted for the firmware update. Also, much respect to Seymour Duncan for being a company that's really listening to its customers and acting on our requests.

@Mincer thanks for the welcome!

@Gtrjunior based on my understanding, I believe your assumption is correct, but I defer to the experts. If you're considering one, I will also say that from my experience the Andromeda is a sick pedal, sounds amazing, user-friendly, and takes up less space on your board than most of the other workstation delays out there. Oh, and it looks kinda badass too.
                            Last edited by hooligangorilla; 04-25-2018, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Andromeda V2?

Originally posted by hooligangorilla View Post
                              @Riley thanks for the update and the great news. Delighted that the Andromeda is getting additional MIDI CC messages that will help those of us who like to scroll get at all 128 presets quickly. This might be too much to ask, but it would be extra awesome if you used the same CC#s as Strymon does for this same function on the Timeline... helps compatibility and makes it easier for users to use existing controllers out there on the market. Though I realize that may not even be possible. Either way, I'll keep my eyes posted for the firmware update. Also, much respect to Seymour Duncan for being a company that's really listening to its customers and acting on our requests.

@Mincer thanks for the welcome!

@Gtrjunior based on my understanding, I believe your assumption is correct, but I defer to the experts. If you're considering one, I will also say that from my experience the Andromeda is a sick pedal, sounds amazing, user-friendly, and takes up less space on your board than most of the other workstation delays out there. Oh, and it looks kinda badass too.
                              Thanks! It’s definitely on my short list. It’s priced very competitively and the demos I’ve heard sound amazing.
                              I bought a Mobius so that will take care of all my modulation needs and the Andromeda should handle the delay with ease!
                              Since I’m still learning about how midi works, i’d better ask all my questions now!!

Comment

Working...
                              X