EBS Red Twister Old vs New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBS Red Twister Old vs New

I found a really good deal on a red twister, but when i looked closer at the photo, it turned out that the guy is selling an old version with weird jack placement, which i'm totally fine with, but i wounder if it is as good as the new one, and what are the differences generally, aside from looks and jacks? Is the old one true bypass? Thanks.

Re: EBS Red Twister Old vs New

So, i bought a thing, and in case anyone is wandering wether or not old ones are still worth buying, here are my initial impressions:

Build quality is top notch, paint is thick, it has weight, pots are smooth, overall a really good stuff, rare to see this days.

It is not true bypass, however i've noticed no negative effects on my tone, if any at all, so bypass is well done.

Jack positioning is reversed, but i personally don't care about that at all.

For a chorus pedal it is dead quiet, there's no constant "shhhhhhhh" you get with other choruses, especially if you like me, use you'r chorus before high gain.

Sound wise, it is subjective, but i love this thing, it sounds thick, yet balaced and lively. I've read about people prefering unichorus for a guitar, but based on a demos i found it to be too dark for my setup, you'r experience may vary, but i can tell that this one definitely works great.

So, if in a process of hunting for a chorus you'll see this one for a good price, get one, it's awesome.

Comment

cool, thanks for the review

Comment

I wonder what made them reverse the jack position on that? That is an odd design choice.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It is odd indeed, and as far as i know it is the only pedal Ebs has made that comes with reversed jacks, and i might be wrong but i think it is also the only guitar pedal they made. So maybe they thought that guitar pedals should be built this way, or it is their way to differentiate between guitar and bass line up, i don't know. But oddly enough i prefer it that way in my setup, because putting it upside down makes it easier to change speed on the fly without having jacks mixed up, which i do a lot because i bought this pedal primarily for a fast/slow rotari'ish thing, which it does very well btw.

Comment

Working...
          X