Pedal for Rock soloing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal for Rock soloing

Looking for a pedal that will give me good sustain and for Blues as well.
    If learning isn't difficult at times you're not learning.

RocknRoll will never die ( I wont let it! )

Re: Pedal for Rock soloing

There are MANY. Let’s start with some more info. What guitars, what amp, what other pedals already in place?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

yeah, a basic rig run down with how you set things now and what you feel is lacking would be a big help.

Comment

Godin Strat using single pickups neck,middle with Humbucker JBjr in bridge. Orange 35RT using T.C Electronics MojoMojo Overdrive. Mostly use humbucker and neck pickups. Mostly run amp clean with reverb occasionally use distortion.
        Last edited by Godin15; 12-07-2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

What is your budget?

Comment

what do you not like about the pedal you have now? do you want something to boost your pedal or amps distortion or do you want something that will do what you want by itself into a clean amp

Comment

How much dirt do you want?

And anything else?
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Get a footswitch and use the amp distortion.
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                  Get a footswitch and use the amp distortion.
                  While I generally like that...It makes a number of assumptions, like "he's not already on that channel, and that there is a foot switch!

Comment

I hear that the Dark Matter distortion pedal blends well with the MojoMojo, but I have no experience with either. Using both, you might be able to get a very usable two-stage drive solution.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      what do you not like about the pedal you have now? do you want something to boost your pedal or amps distortion or do you want something that will do what you want by itself into a clean amp

Yes I'm looking for that something to run through a clean amp by itself. Budget around $60.
                      Last edited by Godin15; 12-08-2017, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        While I generally like that...It makes a number of assumptions, like "he's not already on that channel, and that there is a foot switch!
                        Except I'm not assuming that because he explicitly said he's using the clean channel and i know that amp has a footswitch input. Orange excels at rock distortion. Use what you have.
                        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Gotta agree with EP.
                          I'll humbly suggest the OP might need to do better use of his current gear, which seems to be more flexible than he realizes.

Use both channels of your amp, then set your TC Mojo Mojo pedal with low drive, high volume and a very clear tone, meaning emphasis in the mids/high-end and dialing the bass back a bit, and voilá.
                          With your clean channel, notes will stand out a lot more using the OD pedal, and with your amp dirty you'll have way more sustain, definition and increased presence/cut.

Having a two channel amp and a dirt pedal in front is pretty much what everyone needs for a clean/crunchy/lead setup, the rest is sprinkling on top for ambience (delay/reverb) or whatnot.
                          Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                          Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                          Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                          Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                            Gotta agree with EP.
                            I'll humbly suggest the OP might need to do better use of his current gear, which seems to be more flexible than he realizes.

Use both channels of your amp, then set your TC Mojo Mojo pedal with low drive, high volume and a very clear tone, meaning emphasis in the mids/high-end and dialing the bass back a bit, and voilá.
                            With your clean channel, notes will stand out a lot more using the OD pedal, and with your amp dirty you'll have way more sustain, definition and increased presence/cut.

Having a two channel amp and a dirt pedal in front is pretty much what everyone needs for a clean/crunchy/lead setup, the rest is sprinkling on top for ambience (delay/reverb) or whatnot.

You are right Diego. I am continuing to learn about my equipment . I realize I can use distortion but I don't like the distortion for sustain. I am looking for clean lead setup. I was looking at the Electro Harmonix Tone Corset Pedal its a Compressor. I will set up as you suggest and try thanks for explaining in depth. I tried a footswitch with distortion I don't like the sound of distortion coming through, I want a crisp clean sound of the notes with sustain without distortion.
                            Last edited by Godin15; 12-08-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                              Except I'm not assuming that because he explicitly said he's using the clean channel and i know that amp has a footswitch input. Orange excels at rock distortion. Use what you have.
                              Ahh - post #4....yes, yes indeed!

Comment

Working...
                              X