Run two Boss DS-1's simultaneously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run two Boss DS-1's simultaneously?

Has anyone tried running two Boss DS-1's simultaneously?

I recently got a DS-1 and removed the D5 diode and it dropped the gain a little bit and increased the volume. I think it suits what I want to do with it. I was interested in getting a second one and removing the D5 and D4 diodes and running that as a boost that I can run either before or after my existing DS-1.

What do you guys think and what's your experience running two of the same types of distortion into each other and if you have experience running two DS-1's that would be even more informative to me?

Re: Run two Boss DS-1's simultaneously?

I have not, nor would I do this. Could you? Sure - especially w/ the mod you just did. As always - set the knobs carefully.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'm just going to have to go for it. Basically a $20 experiment. If the pedals don't sound good with both on at least I can have the option of running two pedals with different gain for lead and rhythm. I've played the GFS Twin Overdrive which was pretty cool but found that my Joyo Vintage Overdrive sounded better but I only have one of those. But I'm not looking for a mid hump pedal on my board since I'm currently playing a guitar with a single P90 at the moment.

Comment

Sure wtf sounds cool yknow whatever man power to ya
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

sounds like you will get some massive clipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flake View Post
            sounds like you will get some massive clipping

The deed has been done. I just picked up another DS-1. I removed both D4 and D5 diodes and it lowered the gain and increased the volume. I ran this as a cleaner drive into the other DS-1 with the D5 removed. Each pedal sounds awesome individually and freaking cool together. I think I may be onto my own sound. My friend has a stock DS-1 and stock SD-1 that he stacks. And that sounds great as well.

Comment

Well...very interesting. You win!

Soundclip would be awesome.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                Well...very interesting. You win!

Soundclip would be awesome.
                My microphones are at a friend’s house and he’s out of town but I can use my amp simulation pedal run into my interface. It won’t do it justice but it sounds better than the microphone on my phone. Check out the YouTube videos of people stacking DS-1 and SD-1. If you set the gains low and at least one of them with the gains really low you can get similar results. I’ve seen and done my own Tubescreamer stacking but I don’t like the mid hump anymore.

Comment

Update: I pulled the C12 capacitor out of one of the DS-1's I have that I pull both the D4 and D5 diodes out of and now it sounds worse than a stock DS-1. So, now I have one functioning DS-1 with the D4 and D5 diodes removed, which I still like the sound of. Lesson learned.

Comment

Originally posted by alex73013 View Post
                    Update: I pulled the C12 capacitor out of one of the DS-1's I have that I pull both the D4 and D5 diodes out of and now it sounds worse than a stock DS-1. So, now I have one functioning DS-1 with the D4 and D5 diodes removed, which I still like the sound of. Lesson learned.
                    eh the DS1 is already bright af and you still removed a low pass, smart move dude

Comment

Working...
                    X