banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are people favourite distortion pedals for heavy music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are people favourite distortion pedals for heavy music?

Am looking for a distortion pedal that can cover all sorts of heavy distortion, that can be great for rhythm and for lead. Tones I am into are tones like slipknot, nirvana, linked park and stone sour. What are people’s favourite distortion pedals? I have been looking at the evh 5150 overdrive?
    Last edited by Xandeeno; 12-28-2017, 06:43 PM.

Re: What are people favourite distortion pedals for heavy music?

Palladium is good, strymons sunset is not bad as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Xandeeno View Post
      Am looking for a distortion pedal that can cover all sorts of heavy distortion, that can be great for rhythm and for lead. Tones I am into are tones like slipknot, nirvana, linked park and stone sour. What are people’s favourite distortion pedals? I have been looking at the evh 5150 overdrive?
      What amp are you playing through, and how do you use/set it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

At the moment a fender bassbreaker 15, however it will almost always be a clean amp

Comment

I use the Bogner Uberschall.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

|| Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

A Blackstar HT DistX boosted by a Tube Screamer-type pedal (Bad Monkey, usually) was the best crushing tone I can recall getting from pedals. I haven’t been able to try one yet, but from the clips I’ve heard, an AMT P2 in the effects loop would be a great option as well. I’d personally try that before the 5150 pedal, but running a pedal in the loop rather than out front will be a bit more complicated too.

Comment

What are people favourite distortion pedals for heavy music?

Radial Tonebone Hot British Distortion. It was heavy enough for me to play heavy stoner stuff with gain knob at only 10-11 o'clock + it has a plenty of regulations.

Comment

Wampler Tripple Wreck. It's a stupid good organic amp like tone. It's the best overall pedal for this I have used. If I was to use just a Fender Twin clean amp, I would absolutely use this pedal to give me those Heavy tones. It's so versatile and strong. I love it.

Comment

I like the Empress heavy, and Amptweaker tight metal pro.

Comment

I get it that you are looking for a pedal of awesomeness....but for the range of things you just mentioned I'm gonna suggest a modeling pedal into your sporty cool tube Fender. Get a Digitech Metal Master or Distortion Factory (or something like that). And I would NEVER have just one pedal for all of my distortion needs anyway. Case in point - the number one comment about anything 5150 is "Great sound - only one sound - but a great one"

Not sure if you are cool spending a lot of time tweaking knobs, or if you are really trying to tone clone or what.

Current collection =
                      Washburn Stack-In-A-Box (Dual Mosfet)
                      Ibanez S9M (modded gain & mids)
                      Boss HM-2
                      Catalinbread Supercharged Overdrive
                      DOD American Metal (For songs that the HM-2 isn't quite right for)
                      Joyo US Dream (Not a Suhr Riot - but pretty dang close for the price)
                      Proco Solo (Because sometimes you need more than just a Rat)
                      EHX Metal Muff w/ Top Boost (Because the end of the world)
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Comment

You get something yet? I have the EVH and I love the pedal for a great rock tone, and for tuning down as well.
                          My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                          or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                          http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                          700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

10 presets, 2 distinct gain stages (diode to ground, 808 chip), analog signal path w/ digital midi switching. Pretty much everything I need.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X