Get the Nobels ODR-1 or OCD pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get the Nobels ODR-1 or OCD pedal?

Pros/Cons of each pedal? (Nobels ODR-1 and the OCD v4 pedal). Which do i get? I have a klon-type pedal already so what would stack well with it also?

Thanks.

Re: Get the Nobels ODR-1 or OCD pedal?

Originally posted by ms1844 View Post
    Pros/Cons of each pedal? (Nobels ODR-1 and the OCD v4 pedal). Which do i get? I have a klon-type pedal already so what would stack well with it also?

Thanks.
    Years ago, I started acqiring definitive OD's, so I'd know which classic circuits work with classic and modern amps.

So my answer is buy, try, and sell the ones that don't nail it.

I'm sure the Nobels and OCD are both useful. My experience tells me Nobels for Blackface and OCD for Marshall, but try it all.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

The nobels is excellent. No low end loss and plenty of flexibility in the tone control. Fantastic pedal for adding a touch of grit to blackface style amps especially if you use teles or strats. Keep the gain fairly low. It is really good as one of those "always on" kind of applications.
      The OCD is a much dirtier, much more midrangey marshall flavoured unit. I prefer them as a screaming lead boost into a not quite clean amp.
      If you are using a clean blackface style amp, use the nobels as your standalone base of overdrive and run an OCD upstream for a wild lead tone.
      Both are good at different jobs.
      Last edited by Chickenwings; 01-02-2018, 06:18 AM.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Get the Nobels, just because it ISN'T an OCD
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
          Years ago, I started acqiring definitive OD's, so I'd know which classic circuits work with classic and modern amps.

So my answer is buy, try, and sell the ones that don't nail it.

I'm sure the Nobels and OCD are both useful. My experience tells me Nobels for Blackface and OCD for Marshall, but try it all.
          Quoted for truth. I’m glad I listened to this when you gave me this advice years ago.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
          X