Boss BD-2, doesn't disappoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss BD-2, doesn't disappoint

Finally got one of these pedals after many years. I don't play blues, and don't stack ODs...but wanted to try it as a boost for high gain metal tones. I set my JVMs crunch channel to have a stiff, crunchy 800 sound when doing this.
    What I like most about it is that it doesn't fu¢k with my mids. It also gives/retains the tubelike feel and attack.
    With the tone dial set below half, it adds a nice edge that's not sizzly or buzzy and it retains my amp's thump with minimal bass cut. Not too much coloration overall. A good alternative to my SD-2 and OCD. All three of which are different from each other in this application.
    I half knew what to expect, being around and playing with players who used one, but I'm glad to now have it in the tool box as an tonal option.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Re: Boss BD-2, doesn't disappoint

I love mine. I boost it/tone stack with a Maxon 808. How do you like the ISP Decimanator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

For many years, I was playing through a solid state bass combo amp. I would use the BD-2 as my Fender-flavored preamp.
      Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

Originally posted by shupe13 View Post
        I love mine. I boost it/tone stack with a Maxon 808. How do you like the ISP Decimanator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        The Decimator is great, it's an older non Gstring model and it's the best gate/suppressor I've used.
        I can set it low to suppress hiss when playing at low volumes, or set it higher to gate feedback and noise when playing at higher volumes. I was considering ordering the Fortin Zuul but I'm not sure I even need it having this one.
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Working...
        X