Phasor: Before or after distortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phasor: Before or after distortion?

While I like phaser before, I like other modulation after distortion. Phaser after distortion is certainly more dramatic, but you should really try it yourself.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I always like a slow phaser before distortion, it just makes the drive sound so chewy and rich. I have the Phase 95 on my board at the moment and I like it on the Phase 45 mode for a bit of hendrixy uni-vibe as well. I find it sounds a bit more 'natural' I guess, which fits the soul band I play in more than the 'dramatic' effect of having it after.

Like Ace I'm flanger versatile. Either or, depends on my mood, but I rarely have a flanger on my board.

Chorus I like AFTER the amp. I've never been able to bond with chorus into an amp, not even a clean one. Effects loop or parallel processing only for me.
      Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
      I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
      Andrew - None

Comment

In close to 40 years playing electric, I’ve still never owned an amp that had an effects loop. All effects in front of a slightly dirty amp. Even if I was also using a fuzz Box of some sort, the phaser would go between the guitar and the fuzz. Ymmv

Comment

Working...
        X