need schematic for sfx-07 shape shifter pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need schematic for sfx-07 shape shifter pedal

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum so please cut me some slack if I'm doing this wrong. I have an older Seymour Duncan shape shifter pedal that has NEVER been abused but stopped powering up and I'm needing a schematic to follow the power chain. I have always used a battery for power so its not a wrong power source event. I appreciate any help you guys can provide

Re: need schematic for sfx-07 shape shifter pedal

welcome to the forum!

i have a shape shifter and enjoy it a lot but dont have a schematic for you. might have to contact sd hq and see what they can do for you. have you tried a power supply?

Comment

Hi Jeremy, I tried a power supply with no effect. (FYI the battery and power supply connects to the board at the exact same place) I did check and found 9v to the board. as you may know, most pedals are powered on using the negative circuit . for example when you plug in your cable there are three contacts on the input connector one of which completes the ground circuit and powers on the pedal. a schematic will speed up identifying the ground path. I contacted Customer service and received a very quick response acknowledging my request but as of yet not heard back. FYI , I contacted three pedal repair shops that said they don't support SD pedals for lack of support from SD. I get it, but I do wish they would make schematic available.

Comment

most manufactures only supply schematics to official authorized repair shops, not sure if duncan is any different

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          most manufactures only supply schematics to official authorized repair shops, not sure if duncan is any different
          Yes and I have no issues with a policy like that.
          my request to SD was to see if they support this pedal and if not could they provide a schematic or a list of authorized repair shops that may be able to do the needed repair. As you know many shops that list themselves as an authorized repair shop don't do the repairs in house.
          I hope I'm not coming of as negative, I am a very loyal long time user of their products.
          Thanks for your interest , I'm enjoying your comments

Comment

didnt come off negative to me. hope they get back to you soon with some good options for getting it fixed!

Comment

Working...
            X