NPD: Zoom MS-50G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: Zoom MS-50G

Perhaps I should just post this in the "Let's see those pedalboards" thread, because I think this thing just replaced my pedalboard for all cover/fill-in/pick-up gigs. It has 25 compressors, EQs and filters, 32 boost pedals, more than 20 amps from Bogner/ENGL to 1959/Plexi to Matchless, TwoRock, Mesa, even Sound City and Hiwatt, 39 modulations from CE-1 to MXR 234 to Chorus Ensemble to TC Tri-chorus and ADA flanger, 25 delays from Memory Man to EP-3 to Carbon Copy, and about as many reverbs. You can chain up to 6 effects into a pedal board, then store 30 pedal boards, then organize them so the switch just cycles through only the ones you want.

This...

Just replaced all this:

Re: NPD: Zoom MS-50G

They are really impressive bits of kit. I've been eyeing up their MS-70CDR for a while.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

A Zoom is cheaper than one Carbon Copy.

I went with the MS-50 because it appeared to have all the same modulations the MS-70 had, or at least all the same ones I needed. (I couldn't tell what was different, anyway.)

The thing is, I own a lot of the equipment this thing is emulating and I have to say it does an exceptionally admirable job of it. Having heard the real deals and can do side by side, it's very minor tweaks of the settings to get it pretty spot on. The touch response of the amps, the tone, the breakup, is very accurate. It sounds more 'live' and up front than my Line 6 ever did, and it's smoother and more real than my SansAmp kit. The pedal emulations are similarly accurate and excellent. This thing is real fun to play. Easy to program and setup for a gig.

Comment

Lol...pedal snobs hate the MS series.

Getting the 70 CDR is the best and cheapest gear decision I ever made, really. If it breaks I'll just toss it and get a new one.

Comment

Working...
        X