No announcement yet.

Grunge/Metalcore pedal board/ rig built around Palladium and Power Stage 170

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grunge/Metalcore pedal board/ rig built around Palladium and Power Stage 170

I've found this video super cool: https://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/p...-duncan-v-blog

I would want to use a different drive pedal, delete the delay, add wah and tuner and be done.

Guitar is a SG-style and for PUs I'd like to use a Custom and and a 59 bridge version in the neck. Tuning is Drop C# (C#G#C#F#A#D#). Strings are 10-52s with a 56 replacing the 52.

What drive would you recommend? Sound like a good idea?
    Last edited by h3r3t1k; 01-08-2018, 04:45 AM.

Re: Grunge/Metalcore pedal board/ rig built around Palladium and Power Stage 170

I love the Maxon 808.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Re: Grunge/Metalcore pedal board/ rig built around Palladium and Power Stage 170

Will I need a noise suppressor if I drive the Palladium really hard with a 808?

Comment

I wouldn’t think so but...

Comment

As a clean boost or dirt to dirt?

Comment

I think I would need an OD to drive the Palladium really hard to get a Grunge and especially metal tone OR add lots of distortion from the pedal. Then put the suppressor after the Palladium to filter out noise before the signal goes to the power amp?

Comment

Working...
            X