banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hungry Robot Pedals - Stargazer v2 (Dual Reverb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hungry Robot Pedals - Stargazer v2 (Dual Reverb)

This is a cool, little reverb with two channels. One is a bit darker than the other but they sound sweeeeet when you use both. This is the second version of this pedal and the brighter channel is meant to be like a “shimmer” type reverb. Anyways, it’s simple and sounds pretty. What do you guys/gals think about Hungry Robot pedals? Got any other simple reverb suggestions?

Here’s the new Stargazer v2 from Hungry Robot Pedals. It’s a dual channel reverb with a super simple layout and some seriously pretty sounds. This new vers...

Re: Hungry Robot Pedals - Stargazer v2 (Dual Reverb)

Not familiar with the Stargazer but I like my Hungry Robot Bumblebee. Flexible, really good sounding pedal with separate adjustable drive stages and 3 band EQ. Very much a Swiss-Army-knife for toneshaping/boost/OD/distortion. Plus it has a socketed IC for easy chip swapping.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

That's cool! I'm hoping to try some more Hungry Robot pedals soon. I'm especially interested in their overdrive pedals. I still feel like I haven't found MY overdrive yet. You, know? Closest thing I found to perfection is a little Honey Bee clone I built.

Comment

My favorite OD tones are from tubes, the programmable Triaxis in my rack. Still have a solid state half-rack Boss ROD-10 in there from years ago - used to run it as a boost/EQ for vintage singlecoils - but I don't really use it anymore.

I keep a rehearsal/jam board using pedals to approximate a handful of favorite sounds. The drives I've liked best have been a Mythical OD, the Bumblebee, a Zendrive (or Mosferatu sometimes), and a Pale Horse (my favorite TS variant). I recently got a Marvel Drive too, very Marshall-esque. It does a good job subbing for the half-rack H&K Cream Machine I use as a feedback-on-demand box.

I haven't sampled a host of drive pedals. There are so many of 'em nowadays, and more coming out every month. Kind of mindblowing to a dinosaur like me. Plenty of players have gone through dozens before they found what they wanted, given the popularity of running amps clean and using pedals as the primary tone engine. That definitely has advantages, but I'm old school (went pro in '75) and still rely on amps for my core sound. For me drive pedals are a flavor component rather than the crucial main ingredient. They're used to push a lightly overdriven tube amp; I can get clean enough by rolling back the volume at the guitar.

If I didn't know what amp would be available and could only bring one pedal to cover all the bases, I'd reach for the Bumblebee without hesitation. It's great sounding & super versatile; the two OD stages (one creamy, one a little hairier) stack to get you into distortion/fuzz territory. Would be cool if it had separate footswitches for the two drive stages, rather than toggles. That'd be great, though it might've required a second master volume.

I haven't tried their newer combined low gain/high gain pedal with two footswitches. But I bet it's great.
        Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 01-14-2018, 03:01 AM.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Thanks man, I'll have to try some of those pedals you mentioned.

Comment

Working...
          X