Comparing Zoom G3x w Line-6 and similar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing Zoom G3x w Line-6 and similar

I'm looking for a multi-effects unit to replace my old Line 6 POD 2.0. I ran across reviews about the Zoom G3x. I'd like to know if anyone has tried pedals that might be similar that I might also consider. Tone quality over features, in this price range, is important. Features I really need are: simple array of effects more than amp models- USB to computer w downloadable preset rhythm loops, and online studio EQ. (Zoom G3xn $199)
    Mexi-Strat - STK-S4n, STK-S4m, lil 59b
    Mexi-Tele - Stock pups
    Ibanez AF75 hollow body - Seth Lover n&b
    Traynor Blue YCV50 50w 1 x 12
    Takamine Acoustic/Electric
    Ultrasound AG 50 DS4

Pedals: Boss BD-2(Keeley mod) & NS-2 & GE-7, Boost R.V.B. (reverb), RC Booster, Ibanez CS-9, DigiTech JamMan

Re: Comparing Zoom G3x w Line-6 and similar

I'm happy with my new Zoom MS-50G. Can chain up to 6 effects and save 30 virtual pedalboards (or 90 if you overwrite the factory ones) and choose a specific collection and order of pedalboards to cycle through with the one button. I own or have owned a lot of the gear it simulates and it's very very close. Enough that this one pedal just replaced my pedalboard for gigs.

Comment

I have a G5 that I use on my pedalboard and really like it. I had replaced a Line 6 POD HD400 with it two years ago and never looked back. I can tell you that while I really liked the sound of BOTH brands, they are still different from one another, so if you’re used to the Line 6 products don’t expect does zoom product to sound the same with the same modeled effect/amp. I honestly have no idea which one is more correct, but with beau’s experience and reputation I would be willing to take his word for it that the Zoom effects are very realistic. For all I know, though, they are both correct and just sampled from different rigs.

For what it’s worth, I also found the G5 to be MUCH easier to use than the HD400 in terms of features.
      Originally posted by The Commodores?
      "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

The Zoom is nice, although with any inexpensive modeler that throws in tons of effects, drum tracks, etc...they can't really be compared to either individual pedals or more expensive modelers. They are what they are- many sounds, inexpensively.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

hi Todd,
          You might not care for the G3's overall focus. It tends as much towards amp modeling as it does fx. Perhaps you could consider a Line 6 M series pedal like the M9?

For a more expensive solution the new Boss multi that allows 3 fx loops plus has a load of fx built in is a great flexible pedalboard that can be incorporated into an even bigger board as you grow and change.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I use it exclusively for the FX - But I only need Delay/Chorus/Flange/reverb presets in various amounts and the ability to stomp on/off. Does what I need perfectly.

Never really listened to the models. Just got a great amp to try that though....
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
            X