NPD x2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD x2

Got the "Governor" a few weeks ago, just got the "r10t distortion" a couple days ago. Love them both! The Guv'nor clone is the perfect lead boost for my Randall RG100ES. The Riot clone also works for that, but right now I am using it as stand-alone distortion with my little practice amp.
    I got both of these pedals from FrankTheAnvilFX on Etsy. He built what I wanted, using my color choices and graphics, and shipped each one out a few DAYS after I placed my order. And his pedals are very inexpensive - I bought both of these pedals for less than the price of one used Suhr Riot. Click image for larger version

Name:	asset.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	5846675
    I cannot say enough good things about this guy. I had him build me a Bluesbreaker type pedals a couple weeks ago and just didn't care for the sound. He offered to change it out to a different circuit! I flipped it instead and had him build me the riot clone.
    Seriously, this guy deserves a lot more attention. (No affiliation, just really pleased with the sound, price, and service.)
    Last edited by Dave Locher; 01-17-2018, 03:39 PM.

Re: NPD x2

And let me add, I have gone through a LOT of gain pedals over the past year including:

-Joyo Ultimate Drive (okay, but fuzzy/loose/mushy when palm-muting)
    -Joyo US Dream (better, but still not tight enough for my taste)
    -Keeley Mini Katana (amplified noise too much in boost mode, got too loose in overdrive mode)
    -Lovepedal Superlead (not bad at all, but had a weird nasal cocked-wah tone I just could not get rid of. Almost kept it.)
    -DOD250 and DOD Gunslinger (hated the OD250 with my pickups, Gunslinger is okay but not better than either of these pedals. Both were impulse buys.)
    -MXR Super Badass Distortion (really wanted to love this one because of the name and the looks, and could have made it work for me but by then I had the Governor and it just works better with my amp's gain. Plus the eq on the SBAD is really touchy.)
    -FrankTheAnvil FX Morning Glory clone/modded Bluesbreaker circuit (too bright for my taste. I tried to love it but just couldn't. I don't like bright or sparkly sounds.)

Those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head. These two pedals sound better than any of them, at least with my amp and guitars.
    I've already sold all of those except the Gunslinger, which I just got a couple days ago. Damn online sales! I'm done buying now.
    Last edited by Dave Locher; 01-17-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
      And let me add, I have gone through a LOT of gain pedals over the past year, ranging from Joyo to Keeley to Lovepedal and DOD and everything in between. These two pedals sound better than any of them, at least with my amp and guitars.
      I gotta say the graphics you chose are bad ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks. I spent a day coming up with really dumb ideas for the governor, and then went "how's about a faded Union Jack?"
        Frank was really patient working up 6 or 7 versions of the r10t before I finally said yep, that's it.

Comment

Nice.

I'm waiting for the right deal on a Riot and have an original Guvnor Mk I.

The Joyo US Dream is standing in for my Riot sound at the moment.

Comment

Well, for the price of 2 Joyo pedals you can have a custom built, handmade Riot clone that looks however you want it to look. Just saying...FrankTheAnvilFX on Etsy. Dude will build pretty much anything.

Comment

I may have to consider this.

Comment

My experience with the Bluesbreaker suggests he is willing to make changes if you don't love what he builds you, and if you decide to sell a pedal on eBay you will lose maybe $20 at most.
                I have never played through a Suhr Riot but I can say this pedal kicks the US Dream's butt. More bottom end, three different clipping options, and less condensed sounding. And it literally cost $30 more.
                BUT: no battery power option, the box is bigger (125b, to make room for the hardwiring) and the power jack is only on top because I asked for it; bottom right is his default placement. I don't care about any of those things but I am also not using a bunch of pedals where space is at a premium.

Comment

It’s a crazy busy week for me but could you pm me his info? If so thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome! I’m going to look into this. I’ve been wanting a “Gov’nor” pedal for a while now.

Comment

I don't know his pedals but I can tell you that the dude isn't making any money when you consider time/labor. Regardless, those look pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                        I don't know his pedals but I can tell you that the dude isn't making any money when you consider time/labor. Regardless, those look pretty cool.
                        I know! I don't know if it's strictly a hobby/obsession with him or if he really doesn't mind spending several hours to make literally a few bucks, or what? Regardless, I am a happy repeat customer. I found him by accident when I was looking at Guv'nor clone kits to build for myself. His built/painted pedal was cheaper than the GGG or BYOC kits I was looking at!
                        Last edited by Dave Locher; 01-17-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shupe13 View Post
                          It’s a crazy busy week for me but could you pm me his info? If so thanks in advance!
                          Done. For everyone else: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FrankTheAnvilFX (I hope it's okay to post a direct link on this forum? I'm not getting anything for doing so.)

And no, I have no idea why that is the name he goes by.

Comment

FWIW, here is the Bluesbreaker/Morning Glory I had him build. Same graphics as the Governor but blue case. I added the marshall-style knobs to sell it because I cracked one of the black knobs he'd put on it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

NPD x2

Was his price for your Governor the prices I see on his Etsy page? I didn’t see a governor on the page but iirc all of the prices were $50.

Edit: I just emailed him about it.

How are you liking the governor pedal so far?
                              How accurate of a clone is it to the real pedal?
                              Last edited by Gtrjunior; 01-17-2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X