Revisiting the Fulltone DP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revisiting the Fulltone DP

I liked this pedal a couple years ago when I bought it for I think under fifty dollars. I'm not claiming I've since become some stellar guitarist who can discern subtle nuances I previously could not, but... After taking it out for the first time in a year, I can't get a good sound out of it through my Champ:

-Almost no high end harmonic content, but lots of high-end fizz. Doesn't matter where the treble knob is set
    -Almost no low-end attack or snap
    -Really, an un-modded DS1 pulls off its idiom a lot better

Maybe back to tweaking knobs to give it one more shot...
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Re: Revisiting the Fulltone DP

thats the one with the four little knobs right? one adjusts bass, one does weird stuff to the mids, one for highs, cant remember the last one. theres also two internal trimmers that adjust gain. a friend had one and it took a while to get it dialed in where it sounded good

Comment

Yep. Haven't touched internal trims. Maybe I should.
      Originally posted by King Buzzo
      I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Did you buy this used by any chance? Might check the trims to see if they are in the middle area. (stock settings usually)

Comment

Working...
        X