banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about this old, battered EHX Memory Man I found around.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about this old, battered EHX Memory Man I found around.

Dropped my Jet City Afterburner for repairs/mods at a local shop, and the owner has this bad boy on hold:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180127-WA0027.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	5846822

Never seen one of these before. Haven't done much research yet, but it looks crazy cool.
    What's with the Boost input? Any of you ever owned one?
    Last edited by Diego; 01-27-2018, 06:05 PM.
    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
    Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Re: Tell me about this old, battered EHX Memory Man I found around.

I believe that's the earliest model- with the all blue graphics. The biggest difference will be the chips used for the delay. Some of them are noisier than others. A later rev is the holy grail, but no harm in trying it, and if it sings for you take it.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      I believe that's the earliest model- with the all blue graphics. The biggest difference will be the chips used for the delay. Some of them are noisier than others. A later rev is the holy grail, but no harm in trying it, and if it sings for you take it.
      Holy Grail is reverb? Did it evolve from Memory Man or did you mixed something there?
      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Tell me about this old, battered EHX Memory Man I found around.

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
        Holy Grail is reverb? Did it evolve from Memory Man or did you mixed something there?
        I meant holy grail as slang, not a product name. Later rev means a later revision. The later revision of the Memory Man with the black graphics and red writing is the "holy grail" version of the Memory Man. There's a particular chip it has to have in it, though.

Comment

My old guitar teacher had one of those back in the early 80's. They are noisy as heck but cool as hell. There are better options out there since the introduction of the MM that are more flexible and quieter. Still, at the right price, I would not mind owning one.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            I meant holy grail as slang, not a product name. Later rev means a later revision. The later revision of the Memory Man with the black graphics and red writing is the "holy grail" version of the Memory Man. There's a particular chip it has to have in it, though.
            I see...
            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
            Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
            X