Chorus Pedal Suggestion - Shimmery and Lush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chorus Pedal Suggestion - Shimmery and Lush

I do like the Dimension pedals...I love the chorus with minimal or varied modulation. As another idea, a good delay pedal with modulation, like the Vapor Trail, is a great chorus, too. Just set the delay time low, with minimal repeats, and a little modulation- instant chorus.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I do like the Dimension pedals...I love the chorus with minimal or varied modulation. As another idea, a good delay pedal with modulation, like the Vapor Trail, is a great chorus, too. Just set the delay time low, with minimal repeats, and a little modulation- instant chorus.
      Yeah I use my flashback x4 and my digitech delay to get chorus when I don't have my mooer hooked up. Just looking for something more specific then that I guess more premium.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
      Gondola Kid
      Bandcamp
      Facebook
      JimijaymesGuitarist
      Youtube

Comment

Just sayin'

Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          Just sayin'

Yeah would love one or the Roland rack units, they go for a pretty penny these days. Supposebly sweet water have done ce2 and dimension toneprints for the corona chorus not sure how they stack up though

Gondola Kid
          Bandcamp
          Facebook
          JimijaymesGuitarist
          Youtube

Comment

I have the original of that pedal. I love the sound, but hate the lack of headroom. Hopefully, I will be able to test it against this little thing some time during the second half of this year:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3RD-DIMENSION-CHORUS_P0CQ0_Top_L[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	5805079

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
              I have the original of that pedal. I love the sound, but hate the lack of headroom. Hopefully, I will be able to test it against this little thing some time during the second half of this year:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86710[/ATTACH]
              That seems to be the running theme with vintage analog choruses, lack of headroom. I don't use high gain pickups but it's when using boosts and wahs that it is an issue.

Gondola Kid
              Bandcamp
              Facebook
              JimijaymesGuitarist
              Youtube

Comment

There are 2 Chorus Pedals I used over the decades that I really feel you can get basically anything you want.
                1) Boss CE-20. It's a double pedal and crazy lush and rich. You can program some things into it and recall those settings at will. This is a crazy amazing pedal.
                2) Boss Wazacraft CE-2W Analog Chorus. This might be the best overall sounding chorus I have ever heard anywhere. This thing is what chorus is all about. Play one and realize what you just stepped on. WOW what a pedal. It's on my board right now and forever more man.

Honorable mention is the tc electronics Tri Chorus. It's a Toneprint pedal, it's black and fully programmable. This is one of those pedals for people who love to tinker around for hours and may never play anything but have a good time tinkering instead of playing. I owned this pedal when it came out, I pre ordered it as it is a special edition and man I had to get rid of it because I tinkered more then play. But you will find what your looking for here. Worth picking up and digging in.

Chorus is my thing man.

Comment

Originally posted by James Rock View Post
                  That seems to be the running theme with vintage analog choruses, lack of headroom. I don't use high gain pickups but it's when using boosts and wahs that it is an issue.

It is even worse when trying to run them in the loop, where choruses generally sound the best. I love the sound of the Dimension C, but I can't make it work properly in my rig without degrading the sound too much.

Comment

Working...
                  X