A few new pedals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few new pedals.

Went with a buddy to a guy's house last night to look at some guitars for him. The guys father passed away a couple weeks ago and left him 52 guitars, along with a mess of other gear. I basically just went to check out the guitars my buddy was interested in, to see how they played and if there were any issues. I'll make a post later in the guitar shop on what it was that he bought.

Among the boxes of other gear, I saw some pedals and offered him $60 for a few. He was thinking $80. As I was about counter, I saw a tele shaped body project with a pointy Squire neck and a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge. So I said $100 if you throw that in. Done. He even threw in, what looks to be a sanded down Squier Strat neck.

First time using a Boss GE-7. I'm kind of impressed with it's ability to shape sound. It won't replace my MXR 10-band, but this will probably go to my buddies house for jam sessions.

DS-1? What can I say? First one I've owned, but the typical Distortion sound. Kind of like it with the gain around 11:00 and level up a little higher.

As for the Dark Matter, I'll have to mess with it a little more. Seems kind of thin to me, but bumped with the GE-7 (little more bass) it actually sounds pretty cool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180201_085454.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	5846869

Name:	20180201_085535.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	5846870

I have no idea what is up with the white-out on the blades.

Name:	20180201_090029.jpg
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	5846871

Re: A few new pedals.

A Tele body and two Strat necks... cool
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

boost the ds1 with dark matter and shape it with ge 7.
      sounds pretty cool

Comment

LMAO!!! When I first started reading, I thought you said you went to Buddy Guys house last night..... Had to double take... (Ive not slept in 48 hours)
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Much win in that buy!
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
          X